Chapter One

The familiar sound of a jet landing filled my ears, disturbing the peace and quiet of the farm, and I jumped up from my seat on the couch. I ran outside and towards the jet, and collided with my dad in a hug.

"Hey, Kiddo," he said, kissing me on the head. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Dad," I said, pulling away.

I looked behind him and ran at my red-head aunt. She hugged me tightly, and I heard my siblings running out to greet our dad. Aunt Nat kissed my head and grinned at me.

"You ready to go?" she asked.

I nodded with a big smile. Ever since I was little, I'd wanted to be a superhero. My dad had worked for SHIELD when I was younger, and I'd wanted nothing more than to be like him. He taught me how to use a bow and arrow when I was five, and then when I was nine, Natasha taught me how to fight – with help from my mum and dad, of course. When I was twelve, my dad and Nat became Avengers, and ever since then it's been my dream to become one, too. Sure, I might not have any flashy powers or futuristic suits, but I could beat my dad in a fight and hit every target I aimed for.

My dad greeted the rest of our family as I rushed inside and grabbed my bags. They held my clothes, my bow, and my special possessions. I gave my mum a big hug goodbye, and then my siblings. Nathaniel began to cry a bit.

"Hey, it's okay," I said, kneeling down. "I'll come to visit, I promise. And maybe you'll be able to come to the tower one day."

My little brother sniffled and hugged me tightly. I kissed the top of his head before standing up and waving goodbye. Natasha, my dad, and I trekked across the farm to the jet and quickly got inside. There were three seats in the cockpit - one in the front and two behind it - and my dad sat himself in the pilot seat.

"You excited?" Nat asked, strapping herself in.

I sat next to her and strapped myself in as well.

"You know that answer is yes, Tasha," my dad grumbled. "Ever since she was five, it was all 'I wanna be a shield agent!' and then when she was twelve it turned to, 'I wanna be an Avenger!'"

I rolled my eyes and kicked the back of my dad's seat. Yeah, maybe I'd been a bit obsessed, but I was a kid.

"Everyone's excited to meet you," Nat said.

I grinned. I'd met most of the Avengers before. I'd met Steve, Tony, Bruce, and Thor during the whole Ultron thing when I was fifteen, and then I'd met Wanda a few times. She and I were actually pretty close, seeing as she came over a lot, and was like an older sister to me. I hadn't met quite a few of the newer recruits, like Spiderman, Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, Ant-man, or King T'Challa. They all seemed really cool, though.

The jet ride seemed to go on forever. It felt like time was ticking slower than it normally did, but that was because I was really excited.

Finally, we arrived in the hangar. I practically leapt out of the jet with my bags, but dropped them and ran into Wanda's embrace as soon as I saw her.

"I missed you!" I exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

"I missed you, too," she said, squeezing me.

I looked back at my dad to see his face fall slightly. Wanda and I had both dusted five years ago, and I guess he was remembering the last time we'd seen each other, which was about three months before that. I felt bad for my dad. He'd lost us all for five years.

The three Avengers led me through the tower, pointing out various things. The hangar led directly into a change room with separate showers and baths, one for men and one for women. There were also personalised lockers with items for each team member to take on missions.

"Any boyfriends or girlfriends you're leaving behind?" Natasha asked.

I shook my head. I hadn't really had much time for relationships back home, and none of the people within a ten mile radius had really caught my attention. My dad's eyes narrowed at Natasha's question, and I rolled my own.

We entered an elevator, and I was introduced to FRIDAY, the A.I. that ran the place. She was pretty nice and had an Irish accent. The elevator numbers went down quickly, and we were at the common level within no time. The doors opened, and three things caught my attention immediately.

The first was a brown-haired teenager sitting on the couch, talking to Tony Stark. The second thing was Steve Rogers with his arm around Bucky Barnes.

The third thing was the raven haired god sitting on an armchair. He raised his eyes to mine, and my body tensed.

Loki.