"Hello, Iza-san?"

[Akari, go home. Now,] was his quick response.

"But Iza-san, I can't concentrate at home," she explained. "You know my final exams are coming up. I need to study!"

[I said no, you stubborn brat! Don't make me repeat myself twice! Go fucking home. NOW!]

"And I also told you that I can't! I don't want to fail my exams!" she shot back irritatingly, almost shouting at her phone; disturbing everyone inside the library.

"AHEM!!!"

Akari ceased talking when she heard someone clear their throat. She whipped her head towards the circulation desk and saw the school librarian was looking straightly in her direction with a dark aura enwreathing her whole figure. The old woman shot her a very intense glare as she repeatedly tapped her ruler on the written signage "please observe silence" over her desk.

Shit.

The dark-haired girl sweatdropped and mouthed a quiet word 'sorry' to the grouchy librarian. She had no choice but to pack her things up while cradling her phone between her ear and her shoulder, earning an earful from a fuming Izana as he was acting like a stern old man to her again. As much as she would love to stay for a couple more minutes, she had to leave now otherwise she'll be forced to kick out by the librarian herself and will be banned in the library until she graduated from middle school.

"Alright, already. I'm going home now, happy?" Akari snarked over the other end of the line as she left the library and carefully climbed downstairs, still talking to him.

She heard him sigh. [Much better. I contacted Kakucho and is now on his way there. You better wait for him to come, understood?]

She rolled her eyeballs and pinched the bridge of her nose in vexation. "I will, dad. Geez, you sounded more like a strict father than a friend, Iza-san. Are you really that worried for me?"

He scoffed. [Like hell, I am. Stop assuming things, brat. Didn't I tell you to not cause any trouble while I'm not around? Yet, you already disobeyed me.]

"What? No, I did not!" Akari refuted, scowling. She was in front of her shoe locker changing to her outdoor shoes before she headed outside of the school building. "I just wanted to focus on my studies! You said so!"

[But not staying late in your damn school, dumbass!]

[Izana-san, the punks are here.] There was another male voice in the background she never heard before. It was probably one of the members of his stupid gang who resided in Shibuya. But who were those punks he was talking about? Were they going to onslaught an enemy? At this time? Was it a rivaled gang of theirs? Worry bubbled up inside her chest at the thought of Izana participating in a heated brawl. What if he got seriously hurt this time?

[Alright, I'll be there in a moment... Akari, I'll be going now. But I warned you, do it again and no taiyaki for you, okay?]

The young girl huffed. "Fine. Just be careful out there, Iza-san."

[You don't have to tell me that.]

Izana ended the call.

Akari slid her phone back into her pocket then stared at the now orange-purplish sky. Izana was right. It was nearly twilight. She should really go home. She'll just ask Kakucho to be her Math tutor just like previously. Ugh. Why does that subject even exist in the first place? Fixing her crutches, she motioned towards the school gate and heard the familiar sound of a motor engine coming her way.

'That must be Kaku-san.'

She tilted her head to her right and her guess was right when she saw Kakucho approaching her while riding his motorbike. She waved at him and shouted, "Kaku-san, over here!"