All Aboard The A-Train

It had become sunrise, and I just kept going. I hadn't stopped my leaps and bounds since donning the costume and adopting the name of Spider-Man. Peter Parker was long gone, and Spider-Man was here to stay. It needed to be that way, otherwise whoever sent those three guys might try and send more people after me. I perched myself on the top of a building, over the electronics store that I had stopped by the other night. Surveying the area in a way to spot crime to fight. I overheard a conversation, a guy who worked at the electronics shop. His name was Hughie, he was a nice guy. Bit of a pushover but he has a sweet heart. He and a girl are talking about Billy Joel, then I heard another sound rapidly approaching.

I looked over and saw a dark skinned man wearing a blue and white suit with a pair of glasses on. I recognized him as A-Train, a member of the Seven. He was speeding down the curb towards the girl Hughie was talking to. I was about to jump down, to shove the girl out of the way. I was about half a second too late though, and the girl practically evaporated into a cloud of blood with miscellaneous pieces of flesh and bones. Hughie holding all that was left of her, which was her hands just past her wrists. A-Train was slowed to a stop for Hughie to see him, the woman's blood coating Train's whole body. He took a moment to briefly survey the scene, as I landed next to Hughie in a hunched over position on all fours. Leaning onto my finger pads and my tiptoes to immediately spring into action if need be. A-Train put his glasses back on, seemingly in a hurry.

"I can't stop. I can't stop!" He said hastily before running off, becoming a blue blur in the distance. Hughie...poor guy just looked traumatized. Slowly looking towards the hands that were once the girl he loved. I felt awful, so I made two web streams to the opposing buildings. Holding on to them and beginning to back up, building elastic tension in the strands of webbing as I kept pulling back. The buildings acting like the frame to a children's slingshot, the webbing acting as the band and me? I'm the projectile that's going to be propelled at high speed. I looked over at Hughie, who was looking at me with a stunned looked of horror. His mind still processing what had happened.

"I'll make him apologize. I promise," I said to Hughie, before I leapt up. The tension releasing and flinging me forward. Using my arms as a further form of propulsion, launching me at great speeds across the city. While it wasn't enough to completely close the gap between A-Train and myself, it got me at least in the same ballpark as him. I began maintaining my momentum. Swinging and launching myself with short and tense lines of webbing that acted as further speed boosters to cross the distance. I was even with A-Train's pace now, now I needed to head him off and confront him.

Another quick slingshot. I thought to myself, shooting two lines to connect to the buildings ahead of me. Yanking my arms back to fling myself further forward. Now I'm a good 10 feet ahead of A-Train, shooting a web line to connect to a street light while upside down. Swinging around in a large arc, launching myself with a shoulder charge into the running A-Train. I got launched in the same direction he was running, but he was tumbling and trying to regain his footing from the high speed obstacle. I felt my body cramp in some places on impact, nearly 40,000 newtons of force slamming into me all at once. Thankfully though, my body was curled up so the impact on my body was lessened. A-Train though, took the same force but in a more focused area. So he might be banged up a bit. He got back up, holding his torso and looking back at me. I got up as well, any of the minor scrapes and bruises and cuts along my body quickly healing.

"Who the fuck are you?! And what the fuck is your problem?!" A-Train asked me with a furious tone. People walking on the street taking notice and trying to film this encounter on their phones. Good, now there are multiple eyes for this.

"The name's Spider-Man. My problem with you is that you just ran through a girl, and didn't even stop to see if the other guy was alright. So you're going to find him and apologize. Understand?" I demanded. He looked annoyed about the whole situation, groaning in annoyance.

"Tell him I'll apologize on national television tonight. Okay? It was a mistake, an accident. I just really gotta go!" A-Train quickly threw out, trying to start running again. I attached a line of webbing to his back before he could run, and yanked him back towards me. He went flying to me, and I caught him. Slamming him to a nearby wall and putting my foot into him to hold him on to the wall.

"You better. Otherwise I will find you and make you regret breaking your promise," I threatened, pulling my foot back and dropping him to his own feet. He dusted himself off and ran off, I proceeded to run and jump and swing back towards where Hughie was. He was still there's now just leaning against the wall of the electronics shop. I landed and walked up to him, patting him on the back to get his attention.

"Hey man. A-Train is going to give a public apology tonight on the news. He's going to own up to his mistake," I said, trying to comfort him. He looked at me, obviously trying to hold back tears from the terrible event that had occured not but 5 minutes ago.

"Th...thanks man. I appreciate the help...what do I call you?" Hughie asked me. Deciding to try and make an actual name for myself, I went with a little slogan that uncle Ben would always introduce himself with when he used to run a mechanic shop.

"Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man," I said, running to a nearby building. Running up the wall and vanishing from Hughie's line of sight. Now it's up to A-Train to hold up his end of the deal. That apology better be good.