After that incident, my aunt took me to the hospital and was told that I had third degree burns that would permanently scar my skin. The burns were on the left side of my face, neck, and shoulder. The doctors had questioned my aunt about my situation at home since they ran a bunch of tests on me and found that I was malnourished, sleep-deprived, and had multiple cuts and bruises along my body. My aunt was shocked, to say the least, for she was barely home because of her work.

The night I was brought home from the hospital, my mother and father were very angry with me. I guess when I was the hospital, my aunt decided to go talk to them, the end result for me was terrible. I was beat and shoved into an abandoned closet for 2 weeks. After that I tried to avoid my aunt. I knew she was trying to help, but she only ended up making things worse for me.

My parents had a lot of issues with my aunt, si that's why we moved to Encanto, to be away from her. Their plan didn't really work since Dolores could hear anything that would've happened.

I really wish that we didn't have to move from Encanto...

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

"Hee hee hee..." I heard a voice that sounded familiar. "Aren't the two of you supposed to be off cleaning the school today?"

"Mmmmm.... Nngh.... Fine more minutes, Ma...." I hear Grim mumble.

"Go ahead, sleep the day away. And you might neeever hafta wake up again," another voice joked. I opened my eyes to see the 3 ghosts.

"Just like us! Ah ha ha ha ha!" Laughed the third ghost. I really gotta think of nicknames for them. I close my eyes as I feel Grim start to move around.

"Myah?! The ghosts are back! Hey, Y/n, up and at 'em," Grim shouted. I'm thinking I might put a muzzle on him or do something with his loud mouth.

"There's no need to be so loud," I sigh. "Besides the ghosts are friendly, unlike you." Ah, I thought of great nicknames for them. The ghosts turned Grim.

"So I hear you'll be living here from now on," the first ghost asked. "Hope you like pranks as much as we do! Hya ha ha!"

"We gotta get rid of those things for good," Grim whisper-shouts to me.

"Awww.... but I even thought of nicknames for them," I frown. "I was gonna call them Fester, Hugh, and Ryuu."

"Ehhh?! Why did you give them names," shrieks Grim.

"Because I can," I stated.

"Good morning, Y/n. Did you sleep well?" I screamed at the sudden appearance of Mr. Crowley and got up out of bed.

"Not at all! I was afraid of fallin' through the bed if the ice decided to break," Grim complained.

"How dare you think so lowly of my ice," I gasps.

"Speaking of the ice," Mr. Crowley begins. "Is this apart of your 'Gift' Y/n?"

"Yes, it is," I reply.

"Exactly how ramshackle IS this dorm," Grim continues to rant. "And worse yet, we got woken up by ghosts that the human decided to name!"

"Well, I had the best sleep in years," I say. "I really needed that. And Grim what's wrong with me naming ghosts?"

"I am delighted to hear that you're adjusted so well, despite being sent to another world," Mr. Crowley praises. "Now, speaking of moving on, let us discuss your assignment for today, after you get ready." Mr. Crowley leaves the room and I get dressed.

After getting dressed, I meet Mr. Crowley in the lounge.

"Your job today is to clean the campus. That said, the campus is vast, and without magic, it'd be quite a Herculean task to clean it all," Mr. Crowley says and I snarl. I'll show him what I can do without magic. "Therefore, today I'll have you focus on the area spanning from the front gate to the library. Now, Y/n... I do expect that you'll keep a close eye on Grim, lest he cause another incident like yesterday."

"You have my word, sir," I say as I'm mentally preparing for what Grim might throw my way.

"Do not fail me. You may take your lunch in the cafeteria. I eagerly await the fruits of your labor." With that Mr. Crowley leaves.

"Hrmph. I ain't cleanin' nothin'!" Grim sulks. "I'm here to study magic so I can be blastin' off spells left and right! Like BAM! POW! FWOOM!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," I say, then got an idea. "Say Grim.... if you and I get done cleaning by 4pm then after dinner,  I'll help you practice your magic. I'm a very good fighter so I'll be great practice for you."

"Well, if you put it like that a little cleanin' can't hurt," Grim agrees.

"Well, then if we want to be finished by four, we should go get started," I say. Grim agrees and we head out of the dorm.

A/n: sorry about taking so long for posting. I got busy with work and got kinda sick. Hope you enjoyed the chapter though.