"...Alright, fine! Let's do it," Grim complies.

"Um... Mr. Crowley... so all we have to do is clean up after people and do odd jobs, correct," I ask for clarification. Mr. Crowley nods his heads. "Seems fair enough."

"Wonderful. Then I beseech you both..." Mr. Crowley pauses for dramatic effect. "To work hard as the newest members of Night Raven College's janitorial staff! Now, I be on my way. Have a goodnight."

"Goodnight, Mr. Crowley," I say as I watch him leave. I turn to Grim, "Come on, let's head up to the bedroom. Be forewarned, the bedroom is a bit colder than the rest of the dorm."

"Huh? Why is that," Grim asked.

"Have you not noticed the ice covering the entire dorm," I questioned. How dense is this cat?

"Woah, no way! The ice looks supper pretty," Grim complimented. "I wonder if it tastes good."

"Don't try eating the ice. I'll give you some black ice tomorrow to chew on," I say and started to walk to the bedroom. "Let's go, it's getting late."

"Right," Grim says as he rushed to catch up. I wonder if I'm actually able to get some sleep. I should considering that I'm in a whole new world and I'm not with my family. As we enter the bedroom, Grim is awestruck. "Wow, it's even snowing in here. Even with you having no magic, this is cool."

"Thanks for the underhanded compliment," I mutter. Grim jumps on the bed as I head to the closet out of habit. I open the closet and stand in shock. How'd all my close get here, even the ones I made with Mirabel. "What kind of magic is this?"

I look around the room to see what other items have appeared from my home in Encanto. I found sketchbooks, fabrics, yarn and thread, my camera, some jewelry, and my outdoor bag. I grabbed my outdoor bag and searched it. The bag contained everything I was supposed to carry on my person like pads(a/n, sorry for the ones who use tampons, personally I'm not a fan of them), extra change of clothes, cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer, skin ointment, medication, and Julieta's arepas. I grab some sleep wear to change into and head to the bathroom that was attached to the room. The bathroom was also stocked with my personal belongings from Encanto.

After I finished my nighttime routine, I headed out of the bathroom and saw Grim snuggled up by the headboard and pillows. I grab a small blanket from the closet and drape it over him. Once I layed down in the bed, I underestimated how tired I would be after not sleeping for about 11 years.

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

In Dream Land...

I open my eyes to find myself floating in darkness. I try to move around but I wasn't able to. Soon I was pulled down onto a yard. Wait... this yard is from my old home in Japan. I look up to see my family home appear. I look at the old home before I decided to head in.

Inside the house nothing had really changed. It looked the same as the day my family moved to Encanto. I see the younger versions of my cousins Myrtle and Isu running past me. My household in Japan was like the Madrigal's household, all of our family's generations lived under one roof. Walking further into the home, I see my older brother Hiroshi and cousin Lucilla working on schoolwork at the dining room table. I hear a scream from the kitchen and rushed over to see what happened.

Once I got into the kitchen, I couldn't believe my eyes. Why am I seeing this? I don't need to be reliving my memories. A younger version of myself was crouched down in front of my mother. She was holding an empty pot that was once filled with boiling hot water. I knew exactly which memory this was. Mother had poured the boiling water onto my younger self, I had asked to be able to attend a normal school like my siblings and older cousins. This was right after I had received my Gift but I wasn't able to control it yet. Whenever I got sad or angry, my Gift went out of control, but instead of my family trying to help me control my Gift, they shunned me and treated me like a monster.