"oh."

athena rolled her tongue against the inside of her cheek and nodded. peter shrugged and took a drink from a red solo cup.

"i'm going to find james," athena said, finally. "you should go talk to someone. get a fling or something."

peter laughed, "yeah! me? in a fling? you're funny, athena."

"love ya!"

athena turned around, heading for the drinks table. james was dancing with some guys in his year. he forgot about athena's drink. she didn't care that much, instead she just decided to get her own.

she grabbed a cup and filled it quickly, before holding it with her hand covering the top. holding onto the cup, she walked over to a corner where she looked around to see who was there.

there was marlene and dorcas, both dancing together. athena noticed some boys staring at their dancing and she wanted to gag at the way the boys acted. there was mary, talking to a hufflepuff girl. then there was christopher. and there were the gryffindor boys, all standing together talking about fuck knows what.

athena rolled her eyes. what she did notice was that regulus wasn't with them, he was also standing in a corner on his own.

"hey, athena!" someone said. athena's eyes focused on them and she had to squint in the dark to notice it was pandora.

"oh! hi, panda," she smiled. "you're drunk.."

"i know!" pandora giggled. "can i have that?"

she reached for athena's drink, but athena pulled her hand back and up, so pandora couldn't reach it.

"get your own," athena said. "how's xeno?"

"had to leave because he's been sick," pandora said, a frown forming on her face. "ooh! athena, we should dance together."

athena shook her head.

"come on. please!" athena still refused. "pleaseeeee!"

"no, panda," athena said firmly.

"i will literally cry and throw a tantrum if you don't dance with your closest friend, athena jenkins," pandora said, hands crossed over her chest.

"fuck you," athena grinned. "fine. let's dance."

athena took pandora's hand and led her to the dance floor. for a while, they just shifted their feet and their arms, but athena began to get into the dance.

she brought pandora closer to her and traced her hips and waist up and down with her hands. she heard a few of the slytherin boys wolf whistle behind her but she couldn't care less. athena flipped her hair and held onto pandora's hand. pandora twirled athena round, making her laugh. athena brought her arms over pandora's shoulder and carried on dancing.

the song ended, and the two girls were out of breath. they both sat down and downed two cups of vodka before regaining their energy. james stumbled over to athena, grinning like an idiot.

"you looked hot dancing," he slurred.

he sat down next to athena and laid in her lap. pandora giggled.