Page 24: The blossom who could control the sun

Start from the beginning

{Name} sang as she stitched her ripped uniform's sleeves. Kyojuro sat by her side, listening to her raspy singing as the moon light shined through them.

"Because when my mother was expecting me,
She dined on red berries from the tree..
And that is why my eyes are very red.."

Kyojuro did a little clap for her sweet singing.

"So that was your mother's lullaby?"

{Name} nodded and inserted a needle to the fabric again.

"Yes, she used to sing it to me everytime I sleep. Once as a kid, I thought Tanjiro's eyes were red because mom dined on red berries. So I guess thats why I liked the song so much.."

"You do really favor this Tanjiro."

{Name} stopped stitching and looked at him.

"I do not! I love all my siblings...Its just that, I guess Tanjiro is special."

"How so?"

{Name} looked down and laid a small smile.

"Well, when I was a child, I never smiled. I used to hear the people in the village say I had a condition or something. But when Tanjiro came...I guess I learned how to show emotions. I don't why...I guess.."

She trailed off. She touched her hafunda earrings and closed her eyes.

"I have this deep connection with him. I know that some day, he will accomplish so much with his tiny hands. He will bring smiles to those who frown. That's why I know he is special to me at most."

Kyojuro smiled at the beautiful face {Name} had on. Kyojuro kissed her cheek.

"That's indirectly saying you do have a favorite, blossom~"

Kyojuro teased. {Name} then flushed.

"I do not!"

"Hahaha!"

Kyojuro laughed and {Name} joined in. The girl put her hands on her lips, the charm bracelet dangling off on her wrist.

Suddenly they were interrupted by a crow, Kyojuro's crow to be specific.

"Mission! Mission! Flame Hashira Kyojuro Rengoku has a mission! East wing of Kyoto! A demon lurches!"

{Name} looked at shock at the crow and looked at Kyojuro.

"Why is it blurting out the mission? Doesn't it usually fly in with a letter?"

"That's because, When Oyakata-sama officiated me as a hashira, I brought the attention on the fake letter we received just days ago."

"So he decided to just let the crow blurt it out?"

"Yep, the crows are loyal. Its impossible for someone to trample now."

{Name} nodded.

"I see.."

"Well, that means I'm off. This is the first mission I have as a hashira. Wish me luck!"