"heyy!" she said suddenly. "let's ... wear matching outfits to the party. if we're going. make everyone think we're cool."

"we are cool," he laughed. she laughed back and rolled her eyes.

"keep telling yourself that, james."

keeping her head hanging low, athena walked back to the ravenclaw common rooms. she kept turning her head around to see if anyone was nearby.

her hair fell to her shoulders as she pulled her hair tie out and dark, curly locks shaped her face. she tucked her hair behind her ear and kept walking.

she heard someone walking down the other corridor and looked up. when she turned the corner and entered it, her heart dropped to her stomach.

mulciber, nott, yaxley and ... regulus. of course.

just her luck.

she quickly untucked her hair and let it cover her face, in hopes that they wouldn't recognise her.

"oi, jenkins!"

nott's voice rang through her ears.

heart beating, she pulled her skirt down to her knees. she heard shuffling of feet and the three of them cornered her.

"you're out late?" yaxley said. "what you doin'?"

"bet she's meeting up with the potter boy," mulciber laughed, his laugh raspy and croaky. "or she's just met up with the potter boy."

"did you, gorgeous?" nott asked. she took a deep breath. "what'd you do with him? i want every detail."

athena clenched her fists, the urge to punch him rising.

"fuck off," she said. "i just want to get back to my dorm."

finally, a voice from behind them spoke up.

"we've got places to be. leave her alone. she's not worth it, boys."

regulus's voice.

athena's jaw clenched at the thought of him. the other three boys backed up and walked away from her. she faced regulus and they locked eye contact.

"are you the leader of all of them, black?" athena asked. he laughed, obviously attempting at confidence. "i'll take that as a yes. please do me a favour and control your dogs."

checks flushing in red, regulus snatched her wrist and clenched it, extremely hard. athena couldn't help but whimper at the sudden movement. embarrassment rushed through her as she heard the other boys laugh.

"fucking talk to me like that one more time," he spat. "i dare you."

"control. your. dogs."

his grip on her wrist tightened and she didn't make a noise this time, she only glared at him, barely blinking.

"i'm waiting," she said. "make a move, hit me, do whatever you threatened to do."

regulus was silent.

"that's what i fucking thought. you coward," she hissed.