Safe Keeping [38]

Começar do início

"You what?!" Jon asked, as this was the first time of him hearing any of this.

"When I told you I went to the bathroom to fix up my makeup, I actually went to go find Sonia, and she was breastfeeding Zoey, and I told her that if she ever needed anything or anyone to talk to, she could contact me." Kennedy confessed.

"But she didn't contact you, did she?" Jon asked, and she shook her head, reaching for her phone and looking through her calls and messages, and there was nothing from Sonia.

"Is there someway we can find this woman? I mean, they probably have her records at the hospital in Orlando, since that's where her daughter is." Stephanie suggested, and the officers nodded, speaking into their radios.

"We're going to head down and check the CCTV's to try to find her on the cameras. Hopefully, see if we can find a license plate number or something that could help." The hotel security guards said, escorting themselves out of the room.

"We're just going to need some written statements from the both of you. It should only take a couple of minutes." The cops said, passing them both a clipboard to write about what happened and what they know.

"Thank you, guys." An officer said, taking the clipboard.

Cries erupted and filled the room, causing everyone to look around and decide what to do.

"Are you guys going to take her?" Kennedy asked, and they nodded.

"To the nearest foster care facility until we can find her mother, that is unless you two want to keep custody of her until we find mom." An officer said.

"We can do that?!" Kennedy asked, biting her thumb as the officers nodded and her eyes drifted to Jon's.

"Can we just have a minute to talk about it?" Jon asked, closing his eyes taking Kennedy's hand as they walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

"Is this what you want?" He asked her, simply rubbing his temples.

"Only if you do. I mean, there must be a reason why she asked us and went all this way to find us." She told him, shaking her head, trying not to cry.

"I-I get that, but this is just all so fuckin' out of the blue." He told her, and she nodded understandingly.

"I know, trust me. I know how you feel. I'm just as shocked and confused, and torn about this. I only want this if you want this too. Hopefully, they can find Sonia and we can get down to the bottom of this and get them the help they need." Kennedy proposed, and Jon nodded, taking another deep breath.

"You have a point. But if they don't find her by tonight, what are we going to do? We have a plane to catch to the next city."

She sighed and shrugged her shoulders, "Then I guess we'd need to turn her over to the state and have her in foster care, and we can hope for the best outcome."

He nodded and held her face in his hands. "We doing this?"

"Yes." she nodded, closing her eyes and he nodded, giving her an assured look.

The couple walked out of the bathroom and nodded their heads at the officers.

"We're gonna go ahead and keep her until you find Sonia. You guys can contact us if you find anything, but if you can't find her by the end of tonight, we're gonna go ahead and turn her back into you guys." Kennedy said, her parents looking in shock.

"That sounds great. We'll contact you using the information on the reports you've made. You guys aren't in any trouble, by the way—this is a written piece of consent that the baby is now in your custody. So let's say that the mother does try to make false claims against you two. You will not be found guilty or arrested for any charges because we have her writing and her on video dropping off the child. The only thing left we need to do is find the mom and hopefully get this resolved so we can all go on i peace." The officer assured them, and they nodded.