“Would you normally tell that to a man who has confessed to you? Well, if you’re thinking of making me give up with that…”

“Um…”

As if overwhelmed by that menacing look, the locksmith announced that “he was finished” with a troubled expression. Lisa turned her head to that voice just as Jungkook placed his hand on the door without a word. And just like that, he was about to enter.

“I am not intimidated by adulterous men. Sorry to disappoint you.”

“Huh?”

Then he boldly strode inside without another word. Lisa watched his receding figure for a few seconds before jumping up in surprise like a frightened animal. After receiving her new key from the locksmith, she swiftly chased after Jungkook.

“Waaaaaiiiiit-!”

“…”

When Jungkook looked up from the entrance, he froze at the sight of Lisa’s room. Next to him, Lisa also lifted her head. The laundry were stacked on the curtain rail, and a heap of clothing was piled up on the sofa. Lots of manga magazines were scattered on the floor and in the corner of the room, dust was evidently accumulating.

Compared to Jungkook’s room, it was an absolute disaster. Lisa’s face turned blue.

“…M-Mr. Jeon…?”

She looked at him with cold sweat running down her spine. Then, looking as if his veins would pop in anger, Jungkook loosened the button of his sleeve. Shortly after, he rolled his sleeves up.

“Clean…”

“What…?”

“We’re cleaning! How many days have you not vacuumed?! You…!”

“Y-Yeeees!”

With that command, they started cleaning Lisa’s room.

“Firstly, you have lots of things! What’s with this mountain of manga magazines!”

“Why are you getting angry at me?! This is my room you know!”

“Shut up! Please keep your hands moving! It’s insane that you’re bringing men into such a room!”

“You entered on your own!”

“I wasn’t talking about me!”

Hearing him in that tone, Lisa let out a shriek of surprise. It was the first time she heard the iron mask raise his voice in anger.

(Well, I guess he’s also human. He can also get angry and laugh…)

While compiling the manga magazine she has long stopped reading, Lisa glanced at Jungkook. He was grumbling to himself yet still diligently tidied up Lisa’s room.

She thought he was an emotionless person through and through. No matter what anyone says, he always maintains a stoic and calm expression. She reckoned he wasn’t capable of laughing or crying, at least until now.

(Well, if you think about it, that kind of person normally wouldn’t exist…)

Just because they hardly show emotions on their face doesn’t mean they don’t have feelings. Thinking about it, Lisa’s lips curled up into a smile as she continued cleaning her room.

***

As the rays of sunset flooded through the windows, Lisa’s room finally looked neat and beautiful. Staring at her sparklingly clean room, Lisa felt a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. Next to her, Jungkook looked utterly exhausted.

“I’ve troubled you, Jungkook. But you’ve been a great help!”

“If you clean regularly, it wouldn’t be so dirty! From now on you must clean regularly! Even if you can’t clean everyday, at least try to vacuum it once every three days.”

“Uh…”

“I won’t take no for an answer. If you don’t listen, I’ll come to clean again..”

“Hahaha…”

Lisa let out a dry laugh and then walked to the kitchen. “I’ll prepare you some coffee so please sit down over there. You take it with a spoonful of sugar, right?”

“…Yes, please.”

Jungkook’s face resumed its usual sour expression as he sat on the sofa. Thinking that he looked as if he was bothered and wanted to say something, Lisa tilted her neck in contemplation and served the coffee.

“…What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I was just thinking how you remembered my preference in coffee…”

“Oh, I remembered because we worked together before.”

Just like Jungkook, Lisa was also in the Sales Department as a Sales Support. She prepares materials for use by the salespeople, makes store reservations, and sometimes goes on field work to meet customers. Salespeople and Sales Support often work together. Shortly after Lisa joined the company, she worked several times with Jungkook. It was then that she remembered how he takes his coffee.

“Thank you very much.”

After saying so, Jungkook took the cup of coffee in his hands. Lisa then sat beside Jungkook after placing hers on the table. Because the sofa was narrow, their bodies touched. At that moment, Jungkook’s shoulder jumped.

“You…”

“Huh? What’s the matter?”

“No, never mind…”

There was only one sofa in the room so Lisa thought it was only natural that she sat there, but she noticed that Jungkook’s face somehow turned grim.

At that moment, a mini truck announcing “sweet potatoes~” passed by their apartment. As she was thinking that it was already the season for sweet potatoes, Lisa’s stomach grumbled. Although she properly ate breakfast, everything had already been digested down after all the cleaning they had done.

A rumbling noise echoed throughout the quiet room.

“Grr…”

Jungkook placed his hand on his mouth and was evidently laughing. With her face red in embarrassment, Lisa began to speak in a low tone.

“Why don’t we… eat together today?”

Jungkook instantly choked at those words.