Chapter 2

I walk with Tanjiro into your spare bedroom gently setting Nezuko on the bed you turn to check on tanjiro. He's looking around the room in aw you can't really blame him probably the first time he's been in a bedroom "hey honey why don't you come rest with your sister I know you must be exhausted" you say in a small voice not wanting to startle the poor demon.

He looks a little confused but slowly walks over " I can't sleep yet I haven't earned it" he says still standing and shaky legs "what are talking about tanjiro you don't need to earn the right to sleep I know you are tried so please come lay down" I say in more in a stern voice.

He looked a bit shaken by that but then quickly gets into the bed with his sister. You cover them both up gently Tanjiro is still looking up at you with big confused eyes. He looks like he wants to ask you questions but is too nervous. I leave a small kiss on his forehead right where a nasty look scar was then you want over to nezuko and do the.

Tanjiro sits up quickly as I was about to turn the night off for them "wait where are you going" he looked scared as he said this but you just give him a small smile in return and walk back over to him to rub his hair lightly "no need to be scared love I'll be back you two need time to rest anyways if you need me please yell out or come find me in the living room" he looked back up at you with dazed eyes slowly nodding his head.

*Tanjiro pov*
I couldn't believe what was happening to me I thought for sure i would die in that filthy pet shop but then this person came they seemed nice but at this point I know not to trust humans.

They did smell really nice and kind  something I haven't smelled in awhile. They were also nice to nezuko I looked over and she was still sleeping soundly next to me that made me feel a bit better having her so close.

This whole experience is terrifying what if they are just trying to get our trust then take away nezuko and leave me to rot. That thought made me shiver, at this point I was starting to feel really sleepy so I closed my eyes and cuddle closer to nezuko. My face starts to heat up when I think about the way they kissed my forehead and petted me. It's been so long since a human has ever touched me that gentle. I started to wonder if I keeps being good if they will give me more head pats,with that he slowly fall asleep.
*reader pov*
With both demons hopefully asleep upstairs I go to my computer to start looking up what might I need to know, so far it's a bunch of garbage and terrible treatment being passed off as okay. What a frustrated sigh I close my computer and get up I know now demon can only eat meat unlike back in the day where they needed to eat humans.

The two adorable demons have been sleeping for a about in hour when I hear a yell for what sounds like tanjiro I quickly get up and run upstairs. I see him sitting on the bed with teary eyes I quickly walk over to him " what's wrong sweetie are you hurt somewhere, what happened?" He looked back up and me "no no please I'm sorry please" he says shaking  I'm not even sure he knows what he's beging for he just knows he has too.

I slowly bring him into a gentle hug giving him time to pull back out of my arms "shhh honey it's okay I promise just tell me what happened" I say with him still wrapped in my arms he looks up at me with teary eyes again they were so beautiful even filled with tears he takes a deep breath "I'm sorry owner I just had a bad dreams please punish me how you see fit" when he says then he's looking away from me not wanting to meet my eyes.

I start rubbing your hand down his back in hopes maybe he'll just cry himself to sleep while you hold him. I slowly reach my hand up to his hair and very gently rub my fingers along his scalp, his hair is kinda nodded I wouldn't want to accidentally pull the poor demon hair. At this point he's starting to relax he's leaning his body on mine his face laying on my shoulder you let him lay like this till he falls back asleep sure enough other 10 minutes of soft petting he's out like a light.
You gently lay him back down on the bed with his sister who is still fast asleep. Looking at her reminded me that I shouldn't keep her muzzle on unless she really needs it. But you decide just to wait for both of them to wake up you don't want to spook them awake you go to get out of the bed to go back downstairs but there was a hand holding on to mine my shirt he still looks asleep so you didn't want to risk waking him up. I decided it would probably just be best to lay next to them maybe they will get used to my scent. You can feel yourself slowly falling asleep as well.

You wake up to little whimpers you open your eyes to see tanjiro looking at you nervously. "I'm sorry hun I didn't mean to scare you it's okay you can lay back down I'm not going to hurt you" as I say this he still looks tense." I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up" the red eye boy said "it's okay sweetheart I'm not mad, are you hungry?" I asked him gently.

He look looks like he wants to say yes but he  just says " it's up to you owner" I couldn't help but sigh. "Alright then sweetheart wake your sister up and I'll make you both some food"