Katherine shook her head before giving his hand one last squeeze before leaving the room. She spotted Nadia and Rhea at the end of the hallway talking as she made her way over to them.

"Matthias just texted me, he needs my help with something." Rhea told Nadia with a sigh. "Only Klaus refuses to let me leave with the excuse that he wants to protect me."

"Then sneak out." Katherine spoke up. "I can hear him talking to Hayley right now, so let's go."

Rhea nodded and the three quickly escaped out the nearest exit without anyone noticing them. However, before their departure, Katherine didn't miss the sight of Elijah standing above watching everyone below, but his eyes were on one person.

Gia.

Elijah was staring down at Gia, and he didn't even notice her leaving the compound. Nadia noticed her mother's movements and grabbed her hand, Katherine looked at her and Nadia gave her a small smile before tugging her forward, and they were off.

⨳ ⨳ ⨳

The three arrived at the Claire tomb where Matthias was looking over his grimoires while Kol was taking a nap.

"Matty." Katherine sighed in relief as they were let inside.

Matthias looked up from his book and smiled at the sight of them. "Well, aren't you all a sight for sore eyes." He complimented seeing as they were all in dresses meant for Hayley's wedding.

"We passed Davina on our way in, did something happen?" Nadia asked him while looking over at Kol. "Is he okay?"

Matthias sighed as he looked down at his grimoire, "He and Davina created a dagger that's meant to work on Niklaus and I." Matthias confessed, and their eyes widened. "But Finn's hexed him, and I want to know if there's a way to save him without having to put him back in his original body."

"You managed to save it?" Katherine asked him. "How?"

Matthias sighed and ran a hand down his face. "With a lot of magical power and repetitive dying."

"What can I do to help?" Rhea asked him while walking over.

"We're going to try everything." Matthias told her honestly. "But I won't make you do much, I'd rather you take it easy."

Rhea smiled at him and shook her head. "I'll be fine. Let's get to work."

Katherine and Nadia looked around the tomb while Nadia and Matthias looked at the different spells that he had. Eventually Kol woke from his nap and helped them, but it was clear to the two that Kol was losing hope.

It wasn't that he wanted to go back into his original body, Kol didn't know control and when he was a witch, it was so much easier, he could do magic again and while he hated feeling weak, it didn't mean that he wanted to be a vampire again let alone an original.

"What if we work around the loophole of his spell?" Rhea offered and Matthias looked at her curiously. "Finn trapped him in this body, why don't we change the body so that he doesn't have to be put back in his original body?"

"Wait, so I don't have to be a vampire again?" Kol asked her.

"What if we link your life to a vampire, kill that vampire, and the curse would be broken, right?" Rhea offered. "He hexed that body to die, so once its dead, the hex should disappear."

Matthias thought it over and nodded his head. "It could work, but if it does then I want you to leave New Orleans." Kol looked at Matthias as if he had grown two heads. "Until I can save Finn and deal with the impending doom of Dahlia, I want you nowhere near New Orleans."

"But Davina..." Kol trailed off.

"You love her?" Matthias asked and Kol pondered it for a moment.

Kol wasn't sure if what he felt for Davina was love or lust, he knew that she made him feel something that he hasn't ever before but was it love?

"I don't know but I'm willing to find out." Kol told him and Matthias smiled.

"We'll tell Davina the truth but tell everyone else that you've died." Matthias told him before flipping through his grimoire. "First off, let's find a vampire to link you to."

"How about just snatching someone off the street?" Katherine offered. "Or Gia."

Matthias laughed, "Behave."

Katherine pouted and Nadia smiled at her mother. "What about me?" They looked at her with wide eyes. "Link him to me, snap my neck, then work on removing the hex from his body while he's dead before he wakes up."

"I think I know a spell that will allow us to remove it, but it'll take a lot of power." Rhea confessed.

"Well then, let's not waste any more time."