𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝗱𝗲𝗷𝗮-𝘃𝘂 𝗼𝗳 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE.
deja-vu of reminiscences

THE TERM DEJA-VU always confused Camila

THE TERM DEJA-VU always confused Camila. In French, deja-vu means already seen before. The thing is, as you have already seen this before? Or have you already felt this before? Tricky question, I know. Notice how you can never replicate the same feelings, only the same situation. That's why Theo always took pictures. Because like this, he had a photograph of what everyone was feeling and what they were doing.

Sometimes Camila wished she could recreate feelings. The same nostalgia was brought to her all over again. But doesn't everyone want to feel laughter, joy, and bliss? The girl especially did. She wanted to rewind time and feel the blossom of spring. The effortless wind carried her through the ocean-the droplets of rain dancing against her skin. The golden sun brushed her cheeks.

But what about the bad moments? The moments when the ocean was trapping her, forbidding her to gasp for air. The sun's light was replaced with dark clouds -the wind pushing her back, blocking her from the rest of the world. So in a sense, deja vu can be viewed as moments of happiness and sadness.

As JJ stared at Camila, she desperately wanted to feel the anger toward the boy. But she couldn't, and neither could he. The two were falling back into their old habits. So maybe the two didn't hate each other after all. Wrong.

JJ huffed as he stared everywhere except for the girl before him. The boy couldn't help but feel a bit of deja vu himself. The pair had countless days and nights at the same boneyard, intimate secrets, and whispers shared for themselves only. The blonde recalled the feeling that sparked inside him when the girl held his face with her hands, and he leaned into it.

Camila stared quietly at the beachy sand, forgetting why she was angry in the first place. The girl didn't exactly hate the memories associated with him and this spot at the boneyard. She quite liked them. Soft hugs were shared between them. Camila learned how to surf in the same water across from them. The same grains beneath them where the two would sit as he tucked loose strands of the girl's hair behind her ears.