Best Friends Brother| LiAngelo Ball

In this story we're going to pretend that Lonzo Ball is a Junior at UCLA, and LiAngelo Ball is a Freshman coming into UCLA. They both play college Basketball, neither in the NBA yet, but Lonzo is basically guaranteed going to the Lakers when he graduates.

*Also quick note, any text that is Italicized suggests a thought the speaker is having, this is to help differentiate between actual dialogue and dialogue in the speakers head.*

*Lot's of Fluff in this one and it's on the longer side.*

POV y/n

I struggle to lug my boxes up to the door of my campus apartment. I wondered where my best friend and soon to be roommate had gone. He had taken a few boxes inside a while ago and never came back out to finish helping. Maybe he was in the bathroom I thought to myself as I approached the semi open door. I turn around backing up trying to keep hold of the heavy boxes as I open the door.

"Lonz-" I began to call out, but stopped in my tracks as I saw the scene in front of me. Lonzo had set himself up on the couch glued to the TV he had just brought in, watching a summer league game.

"Zo!, seriously?" I spoke as I entered the apartment and finally sat the boxes down. Heading over to Zo, shoving him.

"Aye girl! Calm down, I was just setting up the TV for you" Zo replies innocently.

"Yeah right, you're avoiding work is what you're doing, now c'mon" I said, grabbing Zo's arm and dragging him back to the moving truck.

Finally an hour or so later everything was moved in and Zo and I began to unpack. We were both jamming to music, and arranging the apartment, when the music was interrupted by Zo's phone.

"Aye what's up gang, what's going on" LiAngelo, Zo's brother calls out over FaceTime.

"Ain't shit me and y/n just moving in. Say what's up to my brother, this is who we're helping move in tomorrow." he says pointing the camera over to me.

"Hi" I say, still bent over searching through a box, I turn around to face them and introduce myself, but suddenly lose all my words. My face heats with embarrassment as I think of how gross I must look after sweating all day, moving into the apartment. I don't say anything as I make the quick decision to make my way into my room.

"Did I really just run away from him?" I say to myself.

y/n had never been all that preoccupied with boys, of course they were always trying to get with her but none of them really piqued her interest. So she certainly didn't expect to have such a reaction to seeing Zo's younger brother. But damn was he fine.

"Omg y/n! Stop thinking like that, no, no, no" I say out loud again. Trying to stop the thoughts crossing my mind. I mean not only was LiAngelo my best friend's brother, he was younger than me, and I was not about to be sprung over a younger guy, or any guy for that matter, besides I haven't even spoken two words to him yet.

My thoughts are interrupted as Zo enters my room.

"Yo, you straight? What's up with that?" Zo asks with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. He knows full well, That y/n found his brother attractive and he was not about to let her live this down.

"Huh? What's up with what, I-" I trailed off trying to find an excuse for running off.

"Yeah ok...anyway you coming with me to dinner?" I'm leaving in 15.

"Yeah for sure, just let me take a quick shower and get changed"

Zo and I were on our way to dinner, I hadn't thought to ask where we were going. It really didn't matter, I would find something I liked almost anywhere. We pulled into an expensive looking restaurant.