Chapter 2: In the dark

I watch the sky as I wasn't able to fall asleep. I probably wasn't the only one since I'm sure everyone is awake after two big deaths in the tribe. What a shame.

I take a deep breath and look around. Nobody in sight, the guards far away. I sheath my sword and decide to go for a walk, sick of all the crying and wailing. I was exhausting offering fake comforting words to everyone. Barkin was probably somewhere doing the same.

As I'm walking, I hear footsteps. I whirl around and put my hand on my sword, but it was hard seeing in the darkness and the only light was the fire that was getting farther and farther away. I change my direction and walk towards an empty tent, with the fire glowing brightly.

I smirk. Finally some peace after todays hysterics.

"Hello Hatun."

All the air leaves my lungs, completely startled at the deep voice, whose owner I didn't recognize . I slowly turn around and pull out my sword.

" WHO are you?" I point my sword toward the man. Oh God.

My heart drops.

There he was. Standing tall and dark. Dark hair, with only one eye, his earrings glowing brightly in the dark night. Then there was his tongue, half out like an animal on the hunt for his prey. Something about him stirred up emotions I couldn't make out but I ignored it.

" Come closer." I barely got the words out. " And I'll show you what Kayi Hatuns are made up. If I don't cut your head off, then my name is not Selvi Hatun." 

He smiled and took a step closer. Oh damn this. I took a step back pointing my sword, ready to slice him up when I realized his sword wasn't even out. 

"Lower your sword Hatun." His demanded in his deep commanding voice.

Shamefully I lowered it. He came closer and closer and I squeezed my eyes shut. Paralyzed, unable to move. Do something Selvi, damn it.

I opened my eyes to find him face to face and shamefully close. His hot breath on my face. The whiteness of his right eye and that smirk on his face. He cuppes my face.

" Believe me, I am not here to cut up your pretty face, Guzel. I have come for other important things. But if you scream, I swear as much as I hate it I will have no choice but to end you."

He released his hand from my face and I jerk away gasping. 

"H-how dare you talk to me like that! I don't know how things are back from whatever place you came from but we don't talk like that here, Kopek!"

He started laughing. Laughing. He looked up again and said,

"Nice to meet you Selvi, I am Diego. Whatever happens tonight, I will talk to you and don't worry we will both win in the end. Come with me before I change my mind and end you in this forest."