Chapter 1 - Let's Play A Scam- I mean, Game!

I looked at the wad of cash in my hand after waving bye to an older man. The man played some ddakji with me; I got 24,474 ($20) won for each time I won the game, while he got to either slap or kick me. He seemed hesitant at first, but he went along with it. Now, I had 97,896 won! Sucker lost all 4 games!
Before I could celebrate, I felt someone grab my arm and pull me into an alleyway. "Heya, Pipsqueak! Got our money?" Ahhh, Ju-Won! Perfect timing.

"I have 342,638 on me now if you want it." The man chuckled and let go of my wrist, only to slam his hands on both sides of the wall, cornering me.

"That's no where near the amount." I sighed. "I'm aware. The rest is somewhere safe. You don't carry that much money around, that's how most pickpocketing happens." Ju-Won narrowed his eyes and sent a knee yo my stomach, causing me to let out a small scream. "Smart ass, huh? You sure are bold today." He shoved me to the ground. "It's pissing me off. Keep that act up and maybe we'll visit that shitty orphanage again. That Hyun girl is pretty hot." I narrowed my eyes before receiving a kick to the face. "You don't scream much anymore, do you" Ju-Won asked. I looked past my (H/C) bangs silently before spitting some blood at him. He wiped it off with disgust before snapping his fingers, backing up for two of his goons to start another beating.

After what felt like hours (in reality about 20-30 minutes), Ju-Won used a discarded napkin on the floor to clean some blood off my face. "You have a month. After that, I'm selling you to some friends. Otherwise, that orphanage is going down." I couldn't do much, but I definitely knew better than to disagree. I nodded my head as he smiled, walking off with his goons. "Great! See ya in a month!" I glared as he walked away, spitting more blood out.

... Nose bleeds suck...

.
.
.

It was dark now.

I was in the alley for a while after they left. Some people gave worried looks while others ignored me. I didn't care, i probably looked like a junkie to them. I finally decided to head over to the underground subway. They have decent bathrooms, I can clean up in there. So I made my way over as I pulled my bag off my shoulders, fishing for the bandages I kept in it. I locked the bathroom door and cut the faucet on. I grabbed some paper towels and wet them, getting as much blood off my face as I could. Then I moved onto the ointment. Hyun had made sure I kept a small bottle on me, using her own money to get it. I gave a dry chuckle at the thought of the orphanage owner not offering any help. "At least Hyun had my back." I sing, applying bandages to my nose and cheek, moving to my legs.

After I was done, I walked out and sat on a bench, listening to the sounds of other people walking and talking. I enjoyed listening to other people, it's fun to imagine what they're doing and what lead them to their conversations. I even found the sounds of people walking to be comforting. It was odd, but what can you do about it? Though a different noise caught my attention.

A slap. Something being thrown. Something else being thrown. Another slap.

"Hey, that sounds like-"

I was cut off from a man cheering. I looked up to see two men playing Ddakji. One of them was clearly better off than the other. The man in the nice suit smiled as he stopped the other man from slapping him. He placed some Won in his hand before backing up. "Your reward." The trashy man gripped it tightly before nodding. The suit man handed him a card with a smile before walking to the train line. "Call that number for more games like that. You'll win a big prize." He said, causing the trash man to nod. Games to win? Hell yeah! I'm hopping on board with that man! I quickly got in line as well, loosing sight of the man for a moment as the train came in. I quickly squeezed past the passengers as I sat in a chair, noticing the man standing by the door. He did some hand gestures to the trashy guy before the train took off.