We spoke for another 5 minutes before we had to head back to our car and get ready for the race. But once in the car, it is the painstaking wait for the five lights. But as I was waiting for the lights to go out, the voice of my engineer echoed in my ear.

Tom: radio check

Jas: Copy

Tom: 30 seconds till the formation lap

I hit the confirm button on my steering wheel to notify them that I heard the message. 

The formation lap went by quite quickly and during that lap, I was pretty much warming up my tires, so that I do have any issues when the race starts. Once that lap was completed, I slotted into the P6 space and stared up at the lights hanging above the track. and then the lights came on.......

1

2

3

4

5

AND IT'S LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO

Lap 1: 

On the way down to turn one, I was overtaken by my teammate, which I didn't mind but my main focus was trying to keep myself in the top 10. I was now in P7

Lap 7:

Somehow on turn 4, I ran a little wide and ran over the curb and nearly went off of the track completely but I manage to keep the car under control which is a good thing. But after my little mishap, I manage to move from P7 up to P6 which was a good thing. 

Lap 24:

This lap I was told to box because I needed a new set of tired because I might have worn them out a little bit too quickly due to going over the curbs a fair few times and the pit stop was fairly swift and I was back on track in no time. By the time I was back out on track I had fallen to P9

Lap: 30: 

The dreaded red flag came out. Bottas and Russell had a crash. I asked Tom if both drivers were alright and I was told that they were both okay but just being taken to the medical centre as a precaution. I was going to check up on George later to make sure that he doing alright. But due to the red flag, we had to head back to the pit lane until the track was clear and ready for racing again. But at the time of the red flag, I was P8

Lap 30:

The red flag only lasted about 15 minutes which wasn't that bad, but we had to head to the grid for a standing start, so I drove out the pit lane and around the grid and into the P8 spot. 

Lap 45:

18 laps to go, my main aim was to try and overtake Stroll, as I have fallen back some places, back to P9 somehow but I do manage to pull off a sneaky overtake and move into P8 which is good 

Lap 63:

FINAL LAP! I was in P7 but I wanted to be in P6 at least but I have a very strong driver in front of me which was Pierre Gasly. But I decided to pull off one of my sneaky overtakes again and I managed to do it on one of the straights on the tracks. I did that not too far from the start-finish line. 

As I cross the line, my engineer is speaking to me over the radio to inform me about something. 

Tom: That's P6 Jas, P6. Fantastic race

Jas: In the top 10. That's what we like to see. Where did Lando finish?

Tom: Lando P3

Jas: YEEEEESSSS! Get in Lando. You aced it out there

Tom: You can see him once you put the car into parc ferme and have been weighed in the FIA garage. 

Jas: Copy that. 

I went and put the car into the parc ferme and then went off to the FIA garage to get weighed, and it is standard procedure after a race. But a I was coming out of the FIA garage I saw Lando finishing an interview, so I ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug on the planet and told him that I was so proud of him and that when I was told that he got a podium, I practically screamed over the radio, which made him laugh. 

Watching my boyfriend on the podium, made me the proudest girlfriend on the planet. I was proper proud of him. Seeing him smile always brings me joy because it makes me smile because Lando's smile is infectious. Damn, I love this boy so so much. I love him more and more each day that passes. He is my world at home and on the track. Now he probably got the podium because I told him I had a surprise for him if he got one. But he is not going to find out what it is until we get back to the hotel.