Jas: Tom, when am I going to be doing a fast lap?

Tom: On the upcoming lap

Jas: Thanks

I was coming around the final turn and I put my foot to the floor to start my fast lap as soon as I was over the start-finish line, the clock started for my lap. I was quick to turn one the glided into turn two and then there was proper determination and focus on the rest of the lap being careful going around each turn and watching each apex. Coming to the final turn on my fast lap, it was time to push the car and by the time I crossed the line, my engineer told me that it was a good lap but I was outside the top 10, which I was disappointed about but I had one more chance to improve my position towards the end of the session. 

It was the final 3 minutes of FP1 and fI was starting my final fast lap of the session, so my eyes were focused on each corner and apex with pinpoint precision but still ended up going over the curb on a few corners and on approach, I put my foot down on the accelerator and when I crossed the line, Tom's voice was sounding in my ears. 

Tom: That's P10 Jas! Decent job out there 

Jas: Thank Tom, could have done a bit better but at least I'm still in the top 10, Where did Lando finish?

Tom: Lando finished P13.  

Jas: That's not too bad 

Before heading back to the garage, I went around the track again and headed to the grid to do a practice start which went alright. But now heading back to the garage, I was planning how I could improve in FP2. 

During the little break between FP1 and FP2, I went back to my driver's room to watch some more Grey's Anatomy with Lando, whilst we have a light snack before going out for the second practice session.

In my opinion, FP2 was fucking dreadful for me. By god, that put me in an extremely bad mood. P18. P FUCKING 18 in a McLaren is what you call shocking. From finishing in the top 10 this morning to finishing near the bottom as shocking. Over the radio I was cursing so bad, the team was prepared for a moody Jas. I don't get moody very often, apart from when its the time of the month. But I'm a very competitive person when it comes to sports, especially motorsport and football. 

The next day was FP3 and qualify and I can quite frankly say there was an improvement from yesterday. P13 in FP3 is alright because I know that it's nearer the top 10 but when qualifying had finished I was told I was in P6 and I asked where Lando had qualified I was told that he was in P7. I managed to qualify above my teammate/boyfriend, which made me happy. 

Now its race day, the day where there are points up for grabs and I'm going to make sure that I get points. The pre-race stuff always goes so slow but the nearer it gets to lights out the more time seems to pick up. 

Standing at the side of the grid, I was chatting to Lando and George. 

"You alright George?" I asked 

"Yeah I'm good, but it's a bit cloudy out here today" George replied

"Yeah I've got to agree with you there mate, looks like it's going to rain" Lando answered 

The boy looked at me with a confused look on their faces, wondering what is up with me as I'm currently staring into space. 

"Jazzy, you alright? Your starting into space again" Lando questioned me 

"I'm alright Lan! Just don't like racing in the wet weather. Just don't want a repeat of that incident I had in F2 4 years ago" I answered 

"Jas, you'll be alright. You are a confident driver and you'll get through it" George told me and I nodded in response.