eleven

(me: *giggles*)

a/n: some of yall bout to be real mad at me...but it must be said...

song: K. -Cigarettes After Sex

——

   today was the day that ariana grew some balls and talked to y/n about what really went down. it had been months, and ariana was literally miserable without her.

   she had made her so fucking happy for those short few months, and then ariana had to go and fuck it all up. now she missed her more than she missed anything.

   ariana woke up too early this morning, wanting to look her absolute best and nothing less for when she saw y/n. she straightened her hair, put on her makeup perfectly, and picked out a nice but simple outfit to wear.

   she sat in her car in the parking lot of the studio building where she knew y/n would be. she was still recording her album that was set to come out in a few months time, and she was working her ass off.

   "let's go ariana, let's go," she whispered to herself, opening the door to her car after shutting it off. she took in deep breaths through her nose as she walked up to the building, her hands shaking as she opened the door.

   ariana gave the woman at the front desk a smile as she passed her, making her way to the back of the building to where y/n would be, like always.

   her heels clicked against the floor loudly as she slowly walked down the hallway, her hands tightly gripping her phone. she stopped in front of the door of y/n's occupied studio, releasing one final breath before she raised her hand and knocked—for real this time.

on the other side of the door, y/n raised her nose from out of her book, furrowing her brows at who would be knocking on her door. "uh, it's unlocked!" she called out anyway.

ariana felt her heart flutter at something as simple as hearing y/n's voice for the first time in months—well, in person. sometimes she'd watch her interviews and cry herself to sleep, but that's besides the point.

she gripped the doorknob gently and cracked open the door just a little so she could fit half of her body through the door. y/n looked up at the sound of the door opening, her mouth falling slightly agape at the sight of the smaller woman.

"uh, hey," ariana whispered, her cheeks brightening up with a deep blush.

y/n fumbled over her words as she shut her book. "oh—um, hi. yeah, hi." she slowly stood up from the chair, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. "what are you...what are you doing here?"

ariana bit her lip, looking down at her shoes. "can we um, can we talk?" ariana's voice was quiet as she spoke up again, moving more into the room. y/n said nothing and only nodded, causing ariana to enter the room completely as she shut the door behind her.

they stood on opposite sides of the room, the awkwardness radiating off of the both of them. y/n crossed her arms defensively, leaning her back against the wall.

ariana sighed, running a hand through her hair nervously. "okay, um. i just wanna say i'm sorry." she began, "i'm really, really sorry y/n. i didn't mean anything i said in that message and i regret saying those things to you so badly."

"i didn't—i didn't want to do it, but—god, this sounds so unbelievable." ariana cut herself off with a scoff, beginning to turn around. "i'm sorry to bother you, i just—"

"ariana, wait," y/n called out for the girl, pushing herself off the wall. "at least let me hear you out. please?"

ariana stopped mid turn, her eyes connecting with y/n's for the first time in six months. she nodded, her eyes growing heavy as she grew more upset. "okay. uh, the entire time we were making the song, dalton absolutely hated when we would hang out. i mean, you heard his call the first time we hung out. uh, anyway, before we even met, dalton and i made a deal that i would "cut you off" as soon as the song ended."