Chapter 1

Daniel and his little sister Kimmy returned inside from playing in the snow. Their fingers had gone numb, their noses turned bright red and had began to run from the ice cold air. "Daddy should be home soon." Kimmy said glancing at the DVR unit-4:56 P.M. displayed on the digital screen, he is always home by 5:05 P.M.. With the addition of the new snow that had just finished falling, they now had almost two inches on the ground. Both Daniel, and Kimmy was hoping that it would not melt so they could have a white Christmas. The last couple of years had let them down. Being that it was December 20, they was thinking it might actually happen. That is if the world doesn't end before then.

Kimmy ran out the door as soon as she heard a car pull up. She wrapped her arms around her dad as he step out of the car, "Daddy, you're home." Only six years old, she is a daddy's girl. "I tried to make a snow angel, but there isn't enough snow." Kimmy said looking up at him with pouty lips.

"There will be more snow, I promise." He replied kissing the top of her head.

Looking up at him she gave a smile that spread from ear to ear, "how do you know that, daddy?" She asked gleefully.

Letting out a laugh as he grabbed a hold of Kimmy's hand, he led her back inside, "I saw the weather forecast this morning, the meteorologist said there is a snow storm coming within the next couple of days-maybe even as early as tomorrow."

"Is there going to be a lot of snow?" She asked jumping up and down.

"Maybe, a foot or two." He couldn't help but laugh, seeing his kids happy always warmed his heart.

Daniel was playing a video-game on the front room TV when he heard Kimmy and their dad enter. Hearing her laughter and excitement, he paused the game to see what was going on. "What's so exciting?"

"We are getting a foot or two of snow tomorrow." Kimmy replied spinning around.

Shaking his head, Daniel looked at Kimmy. "No we're not. The world is ending tomorrow, the Maya said so."

Placing her hands on her hips glaring at her brother, "Daddy, said we are getting snow. Tell him, daddy." Kimmy said giving her brother an evil eye.

Daniel just rolled his eyes.

"Daniel, I told you to quit telling her that. Like I have said a million times, the whole world ending thing is fictitious, and crap."

"Um, Daddy, you said the C word," Kimmy blurted out as she took off running towards the kitchen. "I'm telling mommy."

"Whatever! If it doesn't end we better get that snow you're talking about." Daniel said as he went back to playing his video game.

Tony chuckled, "we will, you'll see."

The aroma drifting out of the kitchen smelled so good it would make a full man hungry. Rubbing his stomach as he headed towards the kitchen, Tony couldn't wait to see what his lovely wife, Amanda was whipping up for dinner. "Honey I'm home," he announced entering the kitchen.

Amanda and Kimmy stood there waiting as he entered the kitchen. Both of them hands on hip tapping their right foot against the floor. "Is it true, Tony, you used the C word?" Amanda asked trying not to laugh.

"Well, it kind of slipped out. You can punish me if you want."

"Ha, ha! I would, but you would just enjoy it." Amanda shook her head at Tony as she went back to work peeling potatoes. "Hey dear, you know if the world doesn't end tonight, we better get some of that snow you told Kimmy about..." She paused, quickly checking to see if Kimmy had left the room. "If we don't get that snow... you're going to wish the world would have ended."