Kisses Under the Pouring Rain

Start from the beginning

She placed a finger on her cheek and looked up as she thought.

"Well, I don't know about that, but if you want it then I would make it for you! I know you love it." She said and gave a thoughtful smile.

My eyes widened in surprise not because I was going to get salmon daikon but because she will cook it, for me. I smiled and accepted her invitation.

She clapped her hands in joy and gave the best smile which was beautiful. She is beautiful and she will be more beautiful in future too but that moment was a beautiful one. Her hair danced with the wind and her laugh was a melody to my ears. Then, she walked away, giving me a goodbye.

Present...

She is sometimes annoying but I admit that till now, she had been the only one talking with me and taking care of my health and well being the most than anyone else, regularly, accompanied by her teasing.

I liked and enjoyed her company the most, Tanjiro's being next to hers. Sabito and Tsutako Nee-san are not here so I am talking about the present.

Today, Kochou had a different charm on her face. Her eyes were shining brightly, looking more beautiful than ever than any other day.

I wonder what made her look different today.

Maybe because all of the Pillars have gathered together for the peaceful meeting and enjoyment.

Shinazugawa was looking very angry as usual after finding out that I had been invited too. Obanai also made a disgusted face even though his half face is covered with bandages.

The Love Pillar, Kanroji-san, was showing happiness as usual. Gyomei-san was chanting his prayers for a peaceful day as usual while the Mist Pillar kid was zoning out as his habit.

I knew Shinazugawa was going to start an unnecessary conflict and fight so I distanced myself and took another place, sitting under another tree having white flowers while the rest sat under the Sakura tree.

I looked over the sky, the clouds showing different shapes and floating ahead.

I couldn't bring anything except for some onigiri and some tea. Wearing my usual corps uniform and my Kasugai Crow beside me as I gave it a piece of my onigiri to eat.

I looked over to the other group, all of them having a variety of food items and having a good talk. I noticed Shinobu more than anyone else because she looked so happy as she talked to all of them, serving some tea and other snacks to the other pillars. Her hair danced with the wind and suddenly, a Sakura petal rested on her cheek.

I felt like taking that petal on her face and keeping it with me. I prepared myself to get up but then, a scarred hand picked up the petal from her cheek and gave it back to Shinobu. It was Shinazugawa's hand.

I swear he should lay his hands back from her because it's not fair. First of all, he picks unnecessary fights with him, along with his goonie, the snake-guy, giving no reason but just saying that he finds me annoying for no reason.

Secondly, whenever Shinobu and I used to talk, he sticks his nose in between us and tells me to stay away from her. Why? Why is he so fond of the Kocho sisters?? I never poked my nose in between his and Shinobu's elder sister, Kanae's conversation. I never bothered to talk to her either, except that she had to tend my wounds along with her sister but Shinobu treated most of my wounds in the first place.