Part 2 - Getting to know you

Sakusa sighed. He should have planned for an escape route to his single bed room when his cousin starts approaching Atsumu and chatted even during the training. Ahh, no, he should have realised it when his cousin asked why he was blushing and staring at the shorter boy even though he already had the answers to it.

He sighed again, a long and weary one. He really wants to run away as the brunette is walking beside the setter and getting closer to the table where he was sitting in the corner for lunch.

He hopes that Komori will be oblivious for one day, just one day, God. However, that will not happen when it comes to his cousin.

He turns and looked out to the window beside him. He thought, the grass is nice and the sky is blue. ‘I should go out to take a walk alone. No, I will go out to take a walk right now.’ He stood up on his chair abruptly, and turns around, trying to get away from the situation as quick as possible.

However, after he turned, he was immediately greeted with a charming and cheeky grin on Atsumu’s face. Oh my God, he really wants to pinch on those squishy cheeks. He mentally shakes his head, what the hell is he thinking? Oh my, he thinks he’s on drugs or maybe having heart attack at the age of 16. His heart was hammering against his ribs and he couldn’t take it anymore. So, he nods his head and sat back down on the long bench that’s attached to the table.

He then sees Komori gesturing Atsumu to take the seat on the opposite side of them and sat between the two Itachiyama players.

“Kiyo, you okay? Do you need me to sit beside Atsumu-san to give you some space?”

Sakusa heard the genuine concern in his cousin’s voice and shook his head slowly. “It’s fine, you can sit beside me.”

Komori looked at Sakusa to search for any discomfort for a few seconds before nodding and facing the shorter boy in front of them.

Sakusa peeks from the corner of his eyes at Atsumu and he sees the slight confusion on his face. Fuck, he is so cute, so endearing. ‘Jesus, I’m going to die just from him tilting his head slightly.’ To avoid suspicion, he turned his head to look at the window again before hearing his cousin explaining his current condition.

“Sorry for the sudden scene just now. Kiyo has mysophobia. He doesn’t get close to people he isn’t close with or when he doesn’t know how clean the others were.”

The dark-haired boy clenches his hands into fists, knuckles turning white on his lap. Getting a little anxious of how the setter will be thinking of him. Wanting to know his answer, he turns back to take a glance at the boy in front of them. He noticed him stilled for a second, but then found a small, soft smile placing on the setter’s face.

“Ah, mysophobia... Ya mean the phobia with the fear of germs?” Both of them nodded. Then he heard Komori continued to answer his question. “Yup, you’re correct. Well, as long as we sanitise our hands, he should be able to stay with us on this table to have some lunch. I hope.

Atsumu chuckled and nodded at the comment. Surprisingly, Sakusa found himself smiling behind his mask and he wasn’t really a person that smiled much. He wasn’t used to this sensation on his face. But he thinks he can change that from now on.

“Ah, I see... I understand that and will be more cautious about it. And also, please just call me Atsumu, I’m used to people callin’ me without the honorific on it.” Atsumu said before he made an adorable and beautiful smile on his face. Sakusa’s heart is starting to beat loudly again in his chest.

Before he even realised it, he whispered his name without thinking much how it sounded when it came out of his mouth.

“Atsumu...”