Oh shit-

Neo opened her eyes, everything blurry from sleep. Neo stared at the ground, and stood up, rubbing her eyes. "God...never sleep in sand again..." she muttered to herself as she dusted sand off her shorts, and rustled her hair to get the sand out. Neo stretched, popping her joints before grabbing her shoes with their tail and putting them on.

She walked out of the cave, and yawned, still very much tired. The sun was up fairly high, and Neo grumbled. "I slept in again..." She mumbled as the 13 year old waded into the cool seawater. The water was nice and cold, and it did feel nice after sleeping in a hot damp cave. Neo wadded into a deeper part of the water and dove down, swimming off, going around the island. Neo didn't remember that supposed rumor from the day before, and was just lazily swimming, sleepiness still thick in her mind.

Neo's spots were flashing at the rate of their heart, and they sighed, bubbles of air escaping the gills on her neck. Neo's night vision didnt allow her to see color, everything was black and grey with only tints of color from what little light there was from how deep she was swimming. The 13 year old was swishing their tail back and forth, swimming at a medium pace. It was quiet...a little too quiet. Neo was getting suspicious of how empty the sea was.

Neo began to look around in boredom and curiosity to try and see anything, maybe a piece of floating seaweed or a fish Neo can have for her breakfast. Neo loved fish, but when she was hungry she would eat anything that was edible at even the slightest. Raw chicken, live crab...seaweed, it was all on her menu for things the 13 year old would eat, or those were the top three.

Neo looked below them, and froze up. Something large was swimming beneath her, a long serpent body with fins on either side, and yellow eyes. The black-slit pupils looked up, and locked onto the 13 year old. Neo's mind paused, before a storm of fear and panic took over. The silhouette then made a beeline for her, and Neo yelped, bubbles and water erupted from her gills and mouth, before swimming as fast as she could off.

Get to land GET TO LAND-

Neo saw a ship near the shore, and a very stupid idea came to mind. Swim past it and the people on the ship can deal with th-

Neo's thoughts abruptly stopped with something scaled and grey slammed into her side, and Neo flew out of the water, slamming into the side of the ship with a sickening crack, the wood on the hull of the ship gained a small dent. Yep, that definitely broke something. Neo fell back into the water and began to pathetically try and make her way to shore. I'm not going to die like this! The blow that Neo took must've broken something, as a sharp and burning pain was throbbing in her left arm. Neo looked behind her and saw blood in the water, the serpent thrashing as a metal spear had been thrown into its eye. The scene from all those years ago flashed in her head, and she quickly looked away.

Neo struggled to get into shore, holding her left arm she looked around quickly. There was a tree line, and some tall bushes that had fresh green leaves. Neo looked behind her and saw the ship. The ship was massive, maroon sails hung low, and one one read the name...
"Gol D Roger...?!" Neo whispered, fear coming again. So this ship belonged to Roger?! Well that's horrifying. Neo looked onto the deck, and saw a tall man, maybe around 6 foot, walking off the ship, he had strawberry blond hair, and circles glasses with a scar over his right eye.

Neo's gills sputtered out water, and her fins flared up. She ran to the tree line, and ducked down, hiding in a bush, praying that the man wouldn't find her. Her back was facing the trees, and she was watching the ship. As the 13 year old watched from the bush, Neo saw what looked to be two teenagers on the ship. "Great job on killin' that seaking Ray!" One of the teenagers yelled, the one with the strawhat and red hair. The other one had a red beanie, blue hair and...a big red nose? Neo was flat out confused by all what was happening, this all felt like some crazy ass dream. Hell, she hoped it was.

Neo watched as the taller man sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. Without warning, Neo felt something, or someone grab her ankle.

Well, shit.

Neo yelped as they were quickly lifted upwards by her ankle, and clenched her eyes shut, pain throbbing through her left arm. They were brought up pretty high up, upside down, and she opened one eye. Grey eyes stared into hers, a black curled mustache and black hair stuck out from under a yellow spotted bandana. A red captains coat hung from his shoulders, and a pink shirt, some of the buttons undone, showed from underneath it.

"Who

"Who...why the hell did you lead that seaking over to us?"

Neo's eyes widened, fear in full swing. "I-uh..i uh...hm-" Neo knew who this man was. Roger. The man she hated. Her eyes were filled with fear and hate, anger and the want for revenge. Roger tilted his head, looking the 13 year old up and down. "Alright alright-" Roger put his hand under Neo's right arm and flipped her over so she was right side up, and he put his other under the left arm, and Neo winced in slight pain. Roger saw the bone sticking out, blood gushing out and looked over behind Neo. "Oi Ray, you know the kid?" Rayleigh, the strawberry blond man sighed. "No, Roger, why would I-"

Without warning, the animal part of Neo's brain kicked into high gear, and she began to thrash, even with her broken arm. She was desperately trying to get away from this man, from Roger. Roger's face broke into a small grin, and Neo had one option in mind. She unhinged her jaw, fangs at the ready, and but down on his arm as hard as she could, her tail thrashing and flashing like a strobe light. Roger shook his arm, trying to get Neo off. That wasn't happening anytime soon, Neo had a strong bite on Roger's arm.

Rayleigh grabbed Neo's legs and tried to pry the 13 year old off Roger. "What the hell?!" Neo glanced over and saw the two teens running over. Neo growled, her fangs weren't even breaking his skin.

I'm biting a pirate captain.

Neo let that sink in, and an idea came to mind. She flashed her spots as bright as they could go, hoping to stun Roger and the others. Roger was startled by the sudden light, as well as Rayleigh, and Neo let go, landing on the ground, and running for the water. Neo was so close to freedom, so close! When Neo was only a few feet away from the water, someone grabbed the nape of Neo's torn and ripped jacket, putting Neo to a abrupt stop. Neo growled, fangs showing, and whipped her head around to see the man who had grabbed her jacket. A man with black circle glasses, and black hair tied back into a ball of tangled and messy hair. He ignored the threat Neo showed, and began to drag the 13 year old back over to the ship.

Neo gave up. She was in too much pain to try and make any escape, especially with that broken arm of hers. Neo was still struggling, but it was weaker then before. Neo looked at her arm and saw bone sticking out, blood pouring out of the wound. Her vision was fading ever so slowly, fatigue from struggling and blood loss kicking in. Neo's half lidded gaze didn't change as she was laid down on the deck of the ship, multiple faces appearing over her, one being Roger's, face twisted with worry.

"Hrmph...?" Neo mumbled, before darkness consumed her vision, and she was unconscious.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Neo walked along the shore, humming a tune to herself as she gathered seashells. It was night, and near the tree line small yellow and green lights began to glow. Neo, seashell in hand, walked over, in awe of the small glowing lights. She shoved the shell in her pocket and began to try and catch one, her small hands cupped. The 6 year old finally caught one, and looked in her cupped hands to see a firefly, blinking its light.

The 6 year old watched with awe as the firefly flew off, and heard a voice calling her. "Neo! Time for bed!" Neo turned around and began to jog over to where the voice came from. "I'm coming!"