ariana hummed happily. "yup! i'm gonna go get ready, okay?"

   y/n nodded even though ariana couldn't see her. "great, see you soon." with that, she pulled her phone away from her ear and hung up, throwing the device down on the bed.

   a frown took over her lips as she walked towards her fiancée. "are you sure you have to go? you've been home barely a month." y/n pouted, wrapping her arms around daisy's waist from behind her.

   daisy sighed, leaning her head against y/n's shoulder as she looked up at her. "i'm sorry, bee. both of our jobs are demanding; you know that." she brought her hand up to y/n's cheek, pulling her closer so she could peck the tip of her nose.

   she slowly pulled away to zip up her suitcase, hoisting it off the bed with a grunt. daisy turned back towards y/n with a deep frown, her sadness only growing as she saw the tears welling up in her fiancée's eyes.

   "oh, bee," daisy sighed, dropping the handle of her suitcase and wrapping herself around y/n. the latter sniffed, leaning into daisy's touch. "i'm sorry, i just don't like it when you leave," y/n whispered, digging her nose into daisy's neck.

   daisy turned her head, pressing a kiss to y/n's cheek just as a single tear rolled down her skin. "i don't like it either, y/n/n. i'll call and text you every single day, i promise you. just like always."

   y/n wiped her eyes, slowly pulling away. "just like always," she nodded to herself, repeating the words as a way to reassure herself. daisy gave her a soft smile, pressing her hands to y/n's cheeks as she kissed her.

   "i love you so much." daisy whispered, leaning forward to kiss her again, this time much more passionately.

   "i love you too." y/n sniffed, sending daisy a smile.

——

   y/n sighed heavily as she entered the studio, about twenty minutes late.

   "i'm really sorry i'm late, i just—" y/n weakly spoke, running a hand over her face before ariana cut her off.

   the italian was rushing towards her, a look of worry on her face. "hold on, were you crying? y/n, why are you crying? did something happen?" she was almost frantic, grabbing y/n's shoulders as she examined her body, looking for any sign of trouble.

   a smile broke out on y/n's face as she shook her head. "ari, i'm fine. i promise. it's just that daisy had to leave for her job, and it just makes me upset when she has to go. that's all, i'm okay."

   ariana let out a sigh of relief, her shoulders dropping. "oh thank god. i thought i was gonna have to beat someone's ass." y/n giggled, wrapping her arm around ariana's shoulder to bring her into a tight hug.

   "i missed you," ariana's voice was muffled by y/n's chest. y/n smiled widely, "i missed you too."

   ariana pulled away with the biggest smile on her face, grabbing y/n's hand as she yanked her towards the booth. "okay, me first!"

——

   an hour later, ariana had finished her parts of the song and now she sat outside the booth as she and y/n switched places.

   over the month of the two meeting at the studio, y/n helped ariana improve her producing and editing skills a little more. she had already known quite a bit, but y/n was much more experienced than she was in that region of the music-making.

   y/n dragged the stool across the floor until it rested in front of the mic. she sat down quickly and made herself comfortable, grabbing the headphones that were sitting on ariana's ears just minutes before.