Today was Wednesday. It actually did not help at the slightest. People were still and yet flooding the alleys and shops, even at 3 p.m. Zhongli knew about this weird regime that had been in Liyue for several years and somehow did not like it. This wasn't the Liyue he knew. Or, at least he never had an opportunity to face it like this. Every time, he ordered something on Sundays or Saturdays and when he came the next Friday, the goods he reserved were ready to be paid.

   As they were trying not to bump into anyone, luck wasn't on their side. On their journey to somewhere quieter, more like, into the center of the chaos, they probably bumped into 100 people if not more. Zhongli was apologizing every time and Hu Tao wasn't saying anything, only dragging the poor man through the crowd and not stopping until they reached one shop.

   This one was too crowded and if the merchant hadn't seen them, they would probably be squished by the others who were trying to see the goods he was selling.

   "Miss Hu Tao, over here. I personally acquired everything you wanted." The merchant smiled and the people standing there made a space for them to walk up to the counter. How nice of them.

   This one merchant was quite familiar. He was one of the best partners with Wangsheng Funeral Parlor when they were in need of jades, fragments and other things. This merchant was, indeed, very reliable and kind too. If something went wrong, he was able to run through the whole city just to tell you early enough and even in person.

   "Thank you," Hu Tao said in a sweet voice though her voice cracked a little at the end of the sentence. Zhongli couldn't help but smile.

   "What's so funny, Grandpa?" She elbowed him and her eyebrows frowned. The merchant was now not paying attention and took the goods Hu Tao probably ordered from under the counter.

   "Choose," She said as soon as the merchant took out three raw Cor Lapis ores. The crowd immediately started to peek over their shoulders and the merchant was trying to calm them down.

   The ores were beautiful. They shined in the sunlight that escaped behind the clouds and reflected from them on the walls of the store. Each of the three looked like a very good quality piece, but only a professional with a good eye could tell which of them was the best for its purpose.

   For rings and jewelry, ornaments and unique decorative pieces were the clearest and the brightest, with the smallest amount of cracks possible,  the best choice you could ever make.  A lot of people thought it was easy to guess which one it was, but the truth under the shell was not that easy to reveal and luck was not enough to let you take the best one with you. No. It was a lot more complicated.

   Zhongli's eyes remained focused on the raw Cor Lapis ores meanwhile Hu Tao was helping the merchant with customers. His shop was too flooded and everyone wanted to buy the products as soon as possible. A lot of people bumped into Zhongli while he was still looking at the ores to reveal the truth under its shell.

   After quite a long time, the shop was empty, only the two remained. Hu Tao, the boss of Wangsheng Funeral Parlor and her employee Zhongli, consultant for Wangsheng Funeral Parlor.

   "Hurry up, Grandpa, we don't have that much time!" Hu Tao was nervously tapping her fingers against the counter, making a weird beat. Once the pace was fast, once slow and believe me, this wasn't helping Zhongli. It was only making him nervous and unfocused.

   "Miss Hu," He spoke after a while. "Please.. I need to focus. Can you stop with that tapping?"

   Hu Tao just giggled and straightened her back. They have been here for a good two hours already and Zhongli hasn't chosen anything. How lucky they were to have everything pre-ordered. In every single store, the last step was just to choose the best.