JUSTICE [정의의]

Comenzar desde el principio

Mujin casually strode over to where the perpetrator seemed frozen to the spot, her put together exterior failing to mask her mix of suspicion and fear. Their eyes met when he gently brought a hand up to lift her face. For a second you felt weird witnessing the gesture and somehow it made you feel sick, which you pinned to the fact that kindness towards a traitor sickened you and not the nature of his touch on another.

"Why?" he asked softly, almost affectionately.

The hand on her chin limited her movement but she attempted to shake her head to your surprise - she must surely know that she could not lie to him? "Mujin-ya, I don't know what-" Before she was able to finish, the slap rang out harshly, twisting her body to the side with its force. While you had not seen it coming, the change in treatment appeased your wish for revenge and you had to hold back the smile that threatened to tug at your lips.

Shocked, she didn't even dare straighten, instead watching her superior through the fingers covering her face from harm. With a sigh, he reached into his pocket, thus making her flinch momentarily at the raise of his hand. You recognized the slip of paper between his fingers as one of the more damning receipts, depicting the total amount she had extorted. Also it stated transactions into her account from a rivaling gang in exchange for the intel that had puzzled Dongcheon's inner circle over the past few months. They hadn't thought of a mole within them though, someone trusted snitching to the enemy a sure death sentence.

"I'm only going to ask once," anger had seeped into his authoritative tone "who is your contact?". Her eyes had widened in surprise at the depth of his evidence, maybe she had thought only a part of her plan had been unveiled but now the realisation struck deep that he had indeed uncovered everything, flaying her wide open with facts.

Mujin did not let on that he had already had a suspicion as to which of the other gangs could have received intelligence, he wanted to hear it out loud. Time was not in her favour and Korea's most influential gang member was not up to wait around for ages, the agitation rolling off of him in a threatening aura. While you had seen Mujin in extreme situations from afar when you had been allowed to attend certain deals, you had yet to see him absolutely livid. There was something about him that spoke volumes without a single syllable and if you were in her position, you would probably cower as well. Anyone that wouldn't had sealed their fate by then.

Apparently, she chose to act more wisely this time, uttering the name under her trembling breath just loud enough to be comprehensible. A real sense of shame accompanied the few syllables.

"Why?" He repeated his first question.

Though her voice trembled, a spark of confidence had returned and she straightened again with her newfound poise. "You really want to know why? It's for reasons you won't understand, Choi Mujin." The challenging tone brought on a mocking quirk to the accused's brow, daring her to go on. "I wanted out because I realized that there's more to life than endless conflict, death and devastation. You're so focussed on all of this," a wide gesture around the room, "that you don't see what could have been. But I did and through it I learnt to love again. This lifestyle isn't what I want or I would have initiated into this shit when I had the chance. No, it's a job - one that kept me secure in every sense possible. While I'm grateful for that, I just can't do it anymore."

For a moment, everything seemed to come to a halt with her confession. You knew that Mujin was aware of her relationship with her associate but something in him took worse to the words leaving her own mouth. Maybe it was the fact that Dongcheon never meant more to her than a regular employment, maybe her honest confession of love had hurt him more than he had thought. You could only speculate as the man in question was utterly unreadable but ultimately reached into the inner pocket of his jacket to procure a picture.