Chapter 5: Entering Gormott

Y/N: Are we nearly there yet...?

Nia: I would've thought with all of your sleeping you'd have enough energy to run a marathon!

Y/N: I did say my sleep could've been better, and I've not eaten anything, I'm nowhere near my best...

Dromarch: Worry not, Y/N we will soon reach the Garanti Plain where our destination will be in view.

Y/N: Oh thank god, I don't think my legs can take much more!

Pyra: If you need to, then we could take a break?

Nia: No way! We've only been walking for an hour and he already wants to give up! It's not even that far. You see where the sun reaches through the parting in the trees? That's it. 

Y/N: For some reason I think I prefer Dromarch telling me we're almost there that you...

Nia: What was that? I'll claw your face off you know!

Y/N: Yeah sure, do your best.

Gramps: Now, now this is not the time to be fighting! This wouldn't be a problem if you just learned how to sleep!

Y/N: But it's so haaaaaarrrrrrrd.

Nia: Quit your complaining, we're here.

Leaving the cover of the trees, the wind, now unrestricted, began blowing through your hair, showing you the scale of the expanse before you. A sea of emerald green grass teaming with monsters of all different shapes and sizes roaming across the land. And, on the other side, was Torigoth. 

Pyra: Oh my goodness. What a wonderful view!

Gramps: Spectacular indeed. 

Y/N: It's so big! And look! You can even see the Titan's head! 

Nia: You get excited by the most mundane things, you know that?

Y/N: I've been stuck on Gramps for a long time, I'm just appreciating the change in scenery!

Gramps: I thought you liked the view of the cloud sea I gave you! You said it was like no other! 

Y/N: Well yeah, but the cloud sea can't compare to this surely!

Gramps: Humph! I see how it is!

Nia: You see that city over there. That's Torigoth. Biggest city in Gormott.

Y/N: The biggest in Gormott? So you think there'll be a few taverns there? I can't wait to down a few!

Nia: Wait, Y/N you're an adult?!

Y/N: Yeah. What about it?

Nia: I dunno, you just look... young, I guess.

Y/N: I'd say that's down to my youthful vigour! 

Gramps: Do you even know what that means?

Y/N: Haven't a clue!

Pyra: You've sure perked up haven't you, Y/N?

Y/N: Oh yeah! With Torigoth that close how could I not?! I've been waiting for adventure like this for years! No offence Gramps...

Gramps: Whatever you say...

Y/N: And would you look over there, our first enemy!

Looking over to your left and down the hill a Leo Feris was approaching, snarling while brandishing its razer sharp teeth.

Y/N: No time to waste! Pyra!

Pyra: Right behind you!

You sprint towards your target as it does the same with you. Using the slope of the hill to your advantage you slide underneath the Feris slashing at its legs as you do causing it fall. As you're clear of the falling Feris you quickly get back onto your feet and jump up into the air over it while raising your sword up into the air. As you start to fall you point your sword down thrusting it into the back of its head and killing it in a second. Satisfied with your kill you rest your sword on your shoulder.