12 ━ At Home

Começar do início

"Great job, Kakashi! You're a talent, that's for sure." She praised him, reaching out to ruffle his hair affectionately. He made no move to escape the affection, and instead stood still, allowing the warm feeling to engulf him. She acted like a mother. Not that he minded.

Fuji too had taken the silver-haired boy under his wing, showering him with just as much love as his wife did. From the man he had not learned to cook, instead, he was introduced to the great wonders of literature. As it turned out, within the Yamanaka home hid a library filled to the brim with books of all kinds: from thrillers, to works of fiction or philosophy and even scrolls about jutsus Kakashi never even heard of.

"You can take whatever book you want, whenever you want, okay, chef?"

Carefully, Fuji had introduced Kakashi to all of his favorite books and also explained why they were his favorite, going over most books in detail. Intently, Kakashi listened and clung to every word the man spoke. As a result, he also noticed how Fuji limped as he walked, sometimes dragging one leg behind the other.

"This might be interesting for you, Kakashi," Fuji had walked off to another corner of the room, limp prominent with every step. He halted in front of a shelf and reached out with his left hand to grab a scroll. Once he had grabbed the scroll, he turned towards the boy again, holding it out to him. "In this scroll, information about lightning release is written down. If you want to create a jutsu with your affinity one day, this could help you."

Kakashi carefully took the scroll out of the man's outstretched hand, turning it in his hand a few times to inspect it. "Thank you."

The man smiled gently at him. "No problem, kid."

When Kakashi took the recommended books and scroll up into his room, he immediately deposited by his bed, careful not to crush the dog pillow Pakkun always used when summoned. After Kakashi had revealed to the two older Yamanakas that he had several summons, they had insisted on providing him with a dog bed, so that 'his dog friends could always come on by and make themselves comfortable'.

Kakashi felt at home with the Yamanakas, and if he was honest with himself, that scared him a little.

DURING BREAKFAST, Miho had recommended the two children to go to the carnival that would be in Konoha, to have some fun there and to enjoy themselves. 'My co-worker told me about this' she had said, smiling brightly at both Izumi and Kakashi.

Fuji had nodded in agreement, mouth full of food as he stared at the children.

Neither of them rejected the idea and instead went with it.

That was how the two of them found themselves at the carnival, squeezed in a crowd of people. Izumi made her way to a booth where the crowd only thickened, curious about what had caught so much attention. Kakashi followed her.