Chapter 46: Then there was four

Start from the beginning

'Helping other people, also ends up being beneficial for you at the end of the day'

Tokito remembered Tanjiro's words so he quickly turned and cut off the demon's arm making Kotetsu and the severed arm drop onto the ground. He then placed himself in front of Kotetsu in a crouched position with his sword at the ready.
"You're getting in the way, so can you just get out of here?" Tokito requested. Without giving the fish demon any chance to try anything else Tokito cut its head off. The head instantly started to crumble before a new head started to grow back onto the body.
'Even if I cut its 'neck' it's body just crumbles and regenerates, I guess I'll try here then' Tokito thought before slashing at the pot on its back. He split the pot straight down the middle making the demon give a cry before it started to crumble away.
'It gets its power from the pot, so this was created with blood demon techniques' Tokito thought. Turning he was a little surprised to see Kotetsu throw himself at Tokito and latched onto him around the neck.
"WAAAH! Thank you!" Kotetsu cried while holding on before he let go.
"I thought I was gonna die! I thought...I was so scared wahhh!" He continued while on the ground and waving his arms around.
"Sorry for calling you a kelphead! Sorry!" Kotetsu apologised while once again grappling onto Tokito and crying.
"You called me a kelphead?" Tokito questioned once Kotetsu was once off him.
"Wahh! I'm so sorry! I just hated you before!" Kotetsu said.
"Now's not the time for this, I'm going now so just do whatever you want" Tokito said as he turned and started to leave.
"Wait! Kanamori-san's under attack too! Hagenzuka-san's been working nonstop on the blade, so please help! If we delay for even a second it might be too late, so please!" Kotetsu begged while getting on his knees and bowing down.
"No, I..." Tokito said before trailing off.
'You can find yourself again for sure, Muichirou' Tokito remembered Master saying.
'You may be confused right now, but just focus on survival now. As long as you're alive you can still do something. Your memories will definitely come back, don't worry. Don't miss your chances. Things which may seem trivial might end up clearing the mist inside your head' He continued to remember. When the Master had told him that he was in a futon covered in wounds and bandages.
"WAAAAH! Hey, hey! Let's take our time a bit! Just a bit!" Kotetsu pleaded from where Tokito had grabbed him over his shoulder and was now rushing to where the other two sword smiths were.
"Speak and you might bite your tongue off," Tokito warned, making Kotetsu let out an 'eep'.
'Is this right? I can't protect the whole village if I do this....No I can, I was acknowledged by Oyakata-sama. I am the mist pillar of the demon slayers, Tokito Muichirou' Tokito determinedly thought as he rushed through the woods.

Reaching to where Tanjiro was I swung my sword on instinct to try and stop the attack from happening but then I remembered something. If I cut them, they just become another demon.
'Crap, Hikaru cut him! Now what? He'll just end up renerating again' Tanjiro thought. With that thought the two pieces of foot grew mouths and opened them up and made another horrible shrieking noise hitting us. This time though there was something different. Their auras were barely there and the power behind the attack had dropped.
"It seems they don't get more powerful the more they split up" I whispered to Tanjiro, even with our ears ringing we could hear a little better now.
"I think you're right, I only got a glance but I saw the four primal emotions on their tongues. That means they're at their strongest when split into four so if we split them up some more, they'll get weaker" Tanjiro whispered back while stabbing his sword straight through the two mouths. The four primal emotions are joy, anger, pathos and pleasure.
"Behind" I called and both of us moved out of the way of the blast of noise that was sent towards us.
'I just have to beat one. I gotta reach Nezuko and Genya' Tanjiro thought.
'I have to hurry back to Genya and Nezuko. I can't let either Tanjiro and Sanami lose their younger siblings' I thought.
'The mouth I just stabbed is gone' Tanjiro thought. Seeing Delightful demon heading for us I quickly pushed Tanjiro out of the way and got three large gashes over my chest and left shoulder.
"How do you like my claws? So fast and sharp! They're so powerful they can even cut diamonds! Now shiver in fear, I'll carve you both up into a bloody ball of joy!" Delightful demon bragged.
"Right back at you" Tanjiro smirked and Delightful demon's head split it two but didn't sever it. Since I had pushed him out of the way it gave him time to slice the demon deeper then if he had gotten hurt. Wasting no time we both dashed to Delightful demon from either side. He was opening his mouth to let out another shriek but I quickly sliced along where the tongue was so that his head was severed and the attack wouldn't work. Tanjiro raised his blade ready to do as much damage as we could while we had the chance.