Welcome to Sun Valley

It has been hours and hours that Alaia has been sitting in this overcrowded, dark, shady, stinking bus. But the worst smell came from directly next to her. An intense breeze of alcohol was drifting over to her, every time the sleeping man next to her exhaled. He had oily hair, dirty clothes and smelled like he hadn't washed himself for at least three months. „Next stop: Sun Valley" the drivers voice boomed through the bus.
„Wake up dad! Please!" Alaia said and shook the man next to her. But he just let out a loud snorer and kept on sleeping. It needed 5 minutes, a lot of shaking and cold water until Alaia had finally woken her dad up and could now pick up their bags and suitcases, which weren't much. For her dad she had only packed a backpack with a few clothes and his pills. For herself she only carried the bag with her ice skates and a suitcase with clothes and pictures of their once so perfect family. But she couldn't think about that now. She had to concentrate.
5min later Alaia and her dad stepped out of the bus and now stood in front a beautiful hotel. She could feel the ice cold air all over her so she quickly grabbed all of her things, including her father, and stepped inside. Warm air and the sound of soft music welcomed her. After  checking in Alaia went in the elevator, leaving her father at the bar. And then the moment had come; she stood in front of their new home for at least the next 6 months. After being  in the bus for so long, she was too tired to unpack anything so she just laid down on the bed and soon fell asleep. The next thing she could remember was being woken up by loud noises and screams coming from downstairs. She didn't need long to identify one of the voices as her fathers and the second one also sounded like a male one, but definitely a lot younger.
Alaia didn't think much, but sprinted downstairs into the bar, only to look at a disastrous scene:
On the left side all the other guests, crowding in one corner. And opposite to them, how else could it be, her father, standing in the middle of the room with a bottle in his hand. Alaia could also see two other men, standing a few meters from her father, trying to calm him down as he was furious. Alaia took that all in, saw the thin stream of blood running from the blond boys head and connected all the dots. Her father had too much to drink and started attacking people - once again.

„Do you know him?" one of the boys asked which she identified as the bartender.
„Yeah... it's... my father" she stumbled. Too many times did she have to deescalate situations like this because of her alcohol and drug-addicted father.
While going to her father and bringing him upstairs to their room, Alia excused to the boys
„I am so so sorry! I'll bring him away and then be right back to clean up, okay?"
The boys could only nod, impressed by how chill the unknown girl had handled the situation. When Alaia came back, she first stepped over to the blond boy with the bruise at his head.

A:Alia B:Blonde
A:„ I can't say sorry enough! Are you ok? And what happened?"
B: It's fine, don't worry about me. So your...dad was sitting at the bar next to me and asked Marcus (pointing at the bartender) to pull him more and more for half an hour or so. However, he then just went from 0 to 100, screamed at me like a crazy guy and hit me with a bottle."
The boy then stopped talking as he saw a suspicious glow in the girls eyes that he just wanted to go away.

Alaia felt terrible. Embarrassed by her father, sorry for the boy and also extremely disappointed and sad. She moved away from her old home although it was very hard as she was leaving her friends and a lot of places, she experienced wonderful things at, behind.
All that because she had hoped that a change of scenery and some distance to where it all happened would be good for herself and her dad.
She wanted to start fresh.

But now her dad had already destroyed her reputation and they would probably be the talk of the town. Only because of his stupid addiction. But she just couldn't be angry at him. They had both experienced such bad things and were both hit hard, so she could understand him.
There was also a side in her that told her to numb her  feelings and just forget everything. But the wise side had always won. At least until now. The one that told her that life needed to go on and to deal with her problems and pain to make live enjoyable again.

All that shooted through Alaias head and she zoned out for a moment, staring at the boy in front of her. He  noticed that, cleared his throat and simply said „I'm Justin   by the way. Justin Davis" and gave her his hand.
Alaia came back to reality and quickly gave into the handshake, saying „Alaia. Alaia Jones. Nice to meet you."
They then just smiled, looking into each others  eyes, their hands still intervened.
It was the first time Alaia really looked at the boy, Justin, and she had to admit: he looked really good. Dirty-blonde hair, hazel brown eyes and a smirk on his full lips. She also didn't miss out his clearly defined arms and his biceps that you could see through the sleeves of his shirt. She wondered where he got them from, when their attention was broken by another throat clearing.

_______________________
A/n:
Hey guys, this is my first story ever so please don't expect much. I know that the first chapter wasn't really exciting, but just wait. I'm already working on the next ones.