jordyn came out the bathroom, with new clothes on. she put her bag in her locker.

"hey." mike called from behind her. she jumped and slammed her finger in the locker. "fuck!" she yelled.

"you ok?" he asked. "no." she whined waving her hand trying to stop the pain. "damn." she muttered looking at her finger.

"shit, you jammed it." mike grabbed her hand. "it hurts like a bitch." she winced. "do you need to go to the nurse?" mike asked.

"yeah can you take me please?" she asked. "yeah come on." mike nodded wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

" mike nodded wrapping his arms around her shoulders

everyone was heading back home. jordyn was resting her head on mike's shoulder as he pedaled to his house.

"jordyn what's wrong with your hands?" lucas asked. "she slammed her fingers in the locker." mike answered. "did you cry?" lucas asked.

"no it hurted tho."

"i'm just so confused. everyone dressed up last year." mike switched the subject.

"maybe they forgot." dustin shrugged. "yeah when i woke up this morning i forgot it was halloween." jordyn said.

"jordyn nobody asked you, you forget everything you forgot you're birthday, who forgets their own birthday?" lucas said.

"lucas....." jordyn trailed. then a car came speeding up from behind them.

"I know y'all see that goddamn car." jordyn said.

"holy shit!" dustin yelled pedaling faster.

the car caught up to them so everyone jerked their bikes to the side.

jordyn got a quick glance at the car to see max. "mad max." lucas sighed. "that was her brother, he's an asshole. a racist." jordyn eyed the car.

everyone was trick or treating

Mike and jordyn were behind everyone holding hands. "so about that girl you're always talking to." mike said.

"max? what about her?" jordyn asked looking at him. "do you think she's tryna replace El?" mike asked.

"impossible, nobody can replace el." jordyn said breaking their eye contact by looking straight ahead. "yeah but dustin and lucas are praising her." mike said.