CUT TO:

INT. JERRY'S BARBERSHOP - DAY

The old barbershop is bright and welcoming.

JERRY, 60, CLIPS away with a comb and scissors around the ears of Harry, a mostly bald, 50 year old man, reading a newspaper in the chair.

We NOTICE a COUPLE OTHER PATRONS sitting in the chairs along the wall.

JERRY

Mornin' Hoss... Just have a seat and I'll be with you directly.

TOM, 30, slides over, to make room for Horace.

HORACE

Thanks Tom... How's the wife and kids?

TOM

Still there every damn day when I get home. 

HORACE

(Laughs) 

Yeah, I figured she would have left your sorry tail by now, too.

JERRY

Say, who's on the lineup for the show tonight, Hoss?

HORACE

Bob Wills and the Playboys are drivin' in this afternoon... Of course Johnny Horton, Slim Whitman and Rose Maddox will all do a couple tunes.

The words were coming easy. Too easy. It made you nervous--the way that you were able to write the words with no issue. All you did was think about the perfect film that you and your dad would have loved to see, and it happened. It couldn't be that easy.

But even so, you wrote for hours, compiling well over ten scenes. You were actually kind of proud of yourself and excited to keep writing when you had the chance. Alas, it was nearly time for you to start getting ready for work, so you used the last bit of your free time to chill out before getting dressed. 

You were stuck in the dangerous cycle of looking on various sites, doing needless online shopping, and you found a lipstick you had to have. There was a chance to save ten percent by putting in your email, so you punched it in, switching tabs to your school email to wait for the coupon code. 

When you refreshed the page, you didn't see your money saving code, but instead you saw another email from a few hours earlier that nauseated you. 

Failure to report to class

You held your breath, tapping on the email from Kylo. 

Good evening 

This email is to inform you that you have used two of three allowed excused absences from my class. Since you couldn't be bothered to attend class for two consecutive weeks, I figured I would do you the kindness of sending you the materials regarding what you missed. You'll find a PDF attached with the lessons and the corresponding assignments. 

With your absences being so early in the semester, I am concerned. Please reply to this email or call me at the number below to schedule a time to speak with me during my office hours. When you send me your availability I will crosscheck it with my calendar.