Although it was highly against Belphegor's will, he didn't have much of a choice.

And so began the explanation towards Diavolo and Barbatos as the duo patiently listened.

Belphegor felt ridiculous. He felt as if he was some child trying to desperately hold onto an imaginary friend as he tried to describe why he wanted to see someone he doesn't remember.

Just as he was almost finished, he sighed in frustration and embarrassment. "Ugh, forget it. I don't even care anymore-"

"So he visited your dreams constantly, and accompanied you until you declined him?" Diavolo roughly summarized. Barbatos hummed. "...That seems awfully familiar."

"Familiar, how?" Lucifer spoke up.

Barbatos placed a hand under his chin as he turned his attention towards Belphegor.

"What you probably met in your dreams was a yumekui."

"Yumekui?" Leviathan repeated. "Oooh, you mean a dream eater?"

"Oh, you're familiar, Leviathan?" Diavolo acknowledged. The indigo-haired male laughed. "Oh, just something from a game I'm playing."

"...Actually , it's more appropriate to assume your friend was a baku, Belphegor." Barbatos brought it back. "Recall anything?"

"..."

Belphegor 's face scrunched up in an attempt to remember something from...months ago.

- - -

"...I'm a dream eater, Belphie."

"A dream eater?"

.

"...What made you come to my dreams specifically?"

"Because I like you?"

- - -

Belphegor's face flared up at the memory.

Diavolo raised a brow at the abrupt change in expression as Barbatos merely chuckled.

"Oh, my apologies. Did that trigger a memory?" The butler seemingly teased.