Page 22: A departure unnoticed

Start from the beginning

"Yes, respect. Mitsuri is always used to someone being dominant over her in a relationship. I think its going to be unfair if she keeps getting controlled by it."

"So what you're saying is that, I'm perfect for her cause she needs respect?"

"Yep, I trust you. I trust that you'll take care of Mitsuri and treat her equally. Yes, you can treat her like a queen but If she feel uncomfortable with it, then stop and heed her opinions. You should also give your opinions as well, so that in your relationship, there is no dominant or submissive. You'll follow your own path while being with each other. That's what my mom told me."

Iguro looked in wonder as the wise words came out of {Name}. He looked down to his hands and clenched them.

'Equally...'

"You know, she is very wise right?"

"Yeah, super wise. The wisest of the wisest."

Mitsuri gleamed. Iguro chuckled. He patted Mitsuri's head and ruffled it lovingly.

"Then could you imagine her saying that she is alright with how she is now? Can you imagine her saying that she wants you to ve happy and move on from her death. Mitsuri, you didn't just loose your best friend that day alright? I lost a colleague, her family lost a daughter and a sister. Kyojuro lost his pupil and all together, we lost someone important. Could you imagine her saying that there is no need to cry? Because she will be waiting for you up there."

Mitsuri sniffled and felt more tears gobble up. The image of {Name} saying what Iguro had stated in her mind. The girl wore her feudal era clothes and smiled at her lovingly.

"You aren't selfish Mitsuri, she would understand. You're just in mourning."

Mitsuri cried more and tackled Iguro in a hug. Iguro was shaken up a bit but embraced Mitsuri for the first time.

.
.
.

{Name} and Shinjuro sat by the porch. They looked at Kyojuro and Senjuro playing at the field. They were having a serious conversation. Mainly about the Soma Clan.

"So..what you tell me is that?"

"The entire clan was massacred."

{Name} widened her eyes at the statement.

"When?"

"Approximately around the time I sent that letter."

"But...who would do such a thing?"

{Name} mumbled. She didn't know if she should feel happy or concerned. Shinjuro shrugged at the question.

"I have no idea too. Me and Urokodaki investigated the crime scene."

"So you didn't send Iguro-san after all?"

"He said he couldn't do it. He's busy apperantly."

{Name} gulped.

"So what did you find?"

"Numerous crushed bodies. All clan members were slaughtered. Man, wife, and children. Hanto's wife was even decapitated and that kakushi you said had a big hole on his stomach."