Page 22: A departure unnoticed

Start from the beginning

"Iguro? Am I being a bad friend?"

"Huh?"

Mitsuri looked at Iguro. A traitor tear escaped from her right eye.

"Am I being a bad friend to say that I'm angry that she died? Am I selfish to say that I want her to be alive?"

"How could you be selfish by wanting her to be alive?"

Iguro wondered. Mitsuri looked down and fiddled her fingers.

"She's human right? Maybe It was best If she died so she can finally be at peace. However, I feel angry that she left me. I want her to be alive but I also want her to be free from whatever she feels."

Mitsuri cried more.

"Because she agreed she will be my best friend! I don't want her to go but I also want her to be free. What should I do Iguro-san!"

Mitsuri cried in her hand. The food she barely finished was put beside her by Iguro, who looked at her in pity. Iguro could do nothing but pat her head. He remembered something {Name} said to him during when she was still in training.

"You like Mitsuri don't you?"

Iguro uncharacteristically spit his drink out at the assumption. He and {Name} were sitting by the porch while Mitsuri and Kyojuro were jogging outside the manor. Senjuro was cooking lunch but he did leave a pitcher of water for the 4.

{Name} rose her brow at the man's reaction.

"What the hell?!"

Iguro shouted while wiping his mouth with his clothes. {Name} snickered and drank her cup slyly.

"What? Just stating the obvious."

{Name} teased, Iguro had a huge blush on his face. His face was the color of the red sun japanese paintings had. {Name} thought it was funny because Iguro was always so stoic.

"Well you don't have to put it like that!"

Iguro harshly said and face his face away from her. {Name} let out a small giggle, one that she never does unless she feel comfortable with that person she is with.

"Oh come on you don't need to be shy about it. I won't tell her."

"Its none of your business."

"You aren't saying no."

"Shut up."

{Name} laughed again. Her wide smile turned into a calm smile after laughing.

"It's alright you know, Mitsuri is a lovely girl. She'd be perfect for someone like you."

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

"But seriously, I think you should give it a shot. Mitsuri needs someone who will respect her you know?"

"Respect?"

Iguro rose his brow. {Name} nodded.