Elijah heard the deep sigh come from Maria on her end and he imagined her gritting her teeth in annoyance before she said, "down the hall, third door on the left."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Try not to die before I kill you myself."

"Ouch," Elijah shrugged as he held a hand to his heart playfully before moving out of the stairwell and towards Sam's location, "that was very Romanoff of you, she'd be proud."

"Just go..." Maria breathed out before cutting comms, rather aggressively as Elijah heard the static in his ear once she did.

He grinned to himself as he jogged down towards Sam's location, pushing open the door at the exact time Rumlow threw his friend over a row of tables.

"Oh, that looked painful. Was it painful?" He asked, causing Rumlow to snap his attention to him as Sam groaned and looked in his direction.

"Eli?"

"Hi Sammy," Elijah smiled at him, giving his best friend a small wave.

"You don't know when to give up, do you?" Rumlow spat at him, watching in irritation as Elijah moved towards Sam and helped him up, "whatever I choose to do to you is gonna hurt. There are no prisoners with HYDRA, just order. And order only comes through pain. You ready for yours?"

Elijah blinked slowly as he took in Rumlow's words before turning his back on him and fully focusing on Sam.

"20 bucks says he was a scene kid," the Frenchman said and Sam laughed. The airmen watched Rumlow from over Elijah's shoulder, cataloguing the annoyance on his face that he wasn't being taken seriously.

"30 for jock," Sam said, shaking Elijah's hand, "his arms are massive, no way he didn't start as a kid."

"I'll take that bet," Elijah laughed, "I'll ask a friend for a deep dive of the prick's life."

"Who are you calling a prick?" Rumlow asked.

"You," Sam and Elijah stated at the same time, the latter turning to face him once more.

Rumlow continued to glare at them, missing how Elijah's teasing countenance turned into one of shock and fear at the sight of a falling Helicarrier getting very close to the glass. His right eye flashed red for a moment, the faint smell of blood from Sam's cut reaching his nose but Elijah was able to fight off his body's response before Sam could notice.

Once he was calm, he grabbed Sam's wrist and took a few subtle steps back,

"You're out of your depth, kid. When I get my han-" Rumlow's threat was cut off when the Helicarrier smashed through the window, taking Rumlow down in an instant.

"Shit!" Elijah yelled, dragging Sam along with him in what was now a full sprint, "what the fuck type of blockbuster shit is this!?"

"Please, tell me you got that chopper in the air!" Sam yelled into his earpiece, he was talking to Natasha but since Elijah had been disconnected from the comms by an annoyed Maria, he was unaware.

"Sam, where are you?" Natasha asked.

"41st floor, northwest corner! I'm with Eli," the sound of the flying vehicle destroying furniture was getting very loud and the pair of friends were quickly losing empty space to run into.

"We're on it, stay where you are."

"Not an option!" Sam yelled. They'd reached the end of the room and they both shared one look of terror before leaping out of the window. Glass showering them as they plummeted through the air, only to just barely have the helicopter catch them.