004

SAM WAS ONLY HUMAN, which meant he'd made a lot of mistakes in his life. However, his biggest mistake presented itself in an aux chord he'd handed to Elijah in a vehicle containing a Hydra agent and two avengers - one of which Elijah had decided he wanted to sleep with.

"I've been really tryin', baby," the man sang loudly into the empty water bottle he'd decided was his microphone, "tryin' to hold back this feeling for so long."

Sam loved Marvin Gaye as much as the next man, but after hearing Elijah blast Sexual Healing at 100 only seconds ago and now singing his own R-rated rendition of Let's Get It On, he was contemplating whether he should throw himself or his friend out of the vehicle.

"C'mon, oh, c'mon, whoa!" Elijah continued, throwing his arms as high as the car ceiling allowed. His movement was a little restricted, sitting squashed between the car door and Natasha, but that didn't stop his body from moving to the music.

"I apologise for him," Sam sighed heavily, but before anyone could even respond to his words, Elijah grabbed the headrest of Steve's seat and leaned forward.

"Let's get it on," he sung deeply. His voice was low and Steve felt his breath against his neck. The captain's ears turned red when Elijah's hand moved to his hair and tugged ever so slightly. It took everything in Steve to stop the satisfied gasp wanting to leave his mouth at the action, "ah, baby, let's get it o-"

"Okay, that's enough of that," Steve said quickly, quite literally ripping the aux chord out of the plug. He was very flustered and as much as he didn't hate what Elijah was doing, he'd rather not feel his current feelings in the company of so many people.

He both hated and loved how this man, he'd only just met, made him feel a way that Peggy never had. Steve hadn't really questioned whether he liked men in the same way he liked women, in fact, he never really cared enough to find out. Though with the arrival of Elijah Davis, any questions he could potentially have about his sexuality were answered.

And as nice as that was, Steve wasn't very happy with how responsive his body was to the man's teasing.

"But I wasn't done," Elijah pouted. Steve caught sight of the action in the overhead mirror and before he allowed himself to think it cute, Natasha spoke.

"You're done," was all she said and the pout dropped from Elijah's face as he leaned back into his seat.

"I'm done," he agreed, his stance doing a full 180 as he nodded nonchalantly. Steve couldn't help but chuckle slightly at that because as eccentric as Elijah was, he still knew not to cross Natasha.

"Hydra doesn't like leaks," Sitwell decided to say when the tension - both awkward and oddly sexual - died down.

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it," Sam immediately shut the man up and Elijah struggled to keep the 'that's my best friend' comment in his head.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here," Natasha said.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly," Steve told the assassin.

"What!?" Sitwell yelled, clearly not loving the plan, "are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea-"

The Hydra agent was cut off when a loud thud echoed through the vehicle. Elijah looked up at the ceiling, slowly looking back down and focusing on the back of Sam's seat.