Day Fourteen

The squeaking of the door made me sink deeper into the sheets

"She's asleep."

They're buying it!

A sigh left my dad's mouth.

"Well, never mind then, we'll have to go without her," To my delight was his reply.

After what felt like a hundred years, the vroom of a car rang in my ears.
Off they went.

I opened an eye, giving a once-over to my surroundings.

The dying sunlight was stepping in through the window glass - the faint glow of which proceeded to dab my room with a dim sheet of gold. Silence had settled down with the dust, and the only sound that floated in the air was of my fake snores. Coast's clear, way to go, Vanya!

An excited squeal slipped through my lips as I threw the covers off my body and stood up on the bed, twisting around in a miserable gyrate and fist-pumping the air. Fucking finally.

My phone screen lit up with a notification, and I dove to grab it.

" Are they gone? "

I grinned. Right time, lover boy.
Digging my teeth in my bottom lip in an attempt to conceal the growing excitement, I jumped to the floor and dashed towards the window.

With my hands pressed against the warm glass, I stared outside. Avi's blinds were still down, but I could feel the guy's presence behind them.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." I whisper-yelled and pushed open the window.

The blinds drew up, and something soft-but-still-hard blinded my vision as it hit me in the face. Steadying myself on my feet and pushing my heart back to its place, I looked up to see the same smirking face that I wouldn't mind gawking at for the rest of my life. You're too handsome for me to get angry at you. That's totally not fair.

Fighting all the urge to say it out loud, I (tried to) fixed a glare on my face and clutched the thrown pillow tightly in my hands.

"Come a little closer, and I'll show you I can sock you in the nose way harder than that."

He threw his head back, laughing while raising his hands in defence. "I surely know better than that." And with that, he stretched out a hand for me to hold.

My lips curled up as I grabbed his hand and moved to climb on the sill. "Drop me, and I'll pull you along. We'll go to hell together."

He let out a "hah" before shaking his head. "Nah, not so soon, stupid. Just trust me, will you? We've done it before. Plus, I don't think you can get past a locked front door, so."

I nodded, pulling myself up, and wrapped my free hand around the branch of the tree that stood in his yard.

I leaped while hoping no one noticed, and his hands found my waist, helping him pull me down and into his arms.

Wasting no time, he buried his head in my hair, nuzzling.

I chuckled, "Alright, dear valentine, let's get our asses moving. The day won't last forever."

______________________________

WORD COUNT: 516 words