"...Okay?" You deadpanned. His desperation to dismiss the compliment made him go back to the sixth person.

"So, um, the fourth of us is Satan. The blond one." Belphegor started. "He's pretty chill, but once you get him angry, you're pretty much done for. Satan..." He paused. "Satan always seems irritated deep down, but he tends to hide it most of the time."

"He despises Lucifer a lot though, from the moment he was born." Belphegor finished.

"Lucifer's the oldest, right?"

"Yeah." Belphegor rolled his eyes at the thought of the male. "He's the worst. I hope he chokes on his own spit."

"Well isn't that rude." You commented idly. Belphegor rolled his eyes, annoyed. "You know what's even more rude? Selling your brother out for someone else and then proceeding to lock them up in the attic and telling the rest of your brothers that you've gone to the Human Realm instead."

"...You've got real issues, Belphegor."

"Oh, you think it's my fault now too?" Belphegor opened his eyes and stared up at you. Purple eyes narrowed. You sighed. "No, that's not what I meant-"

"It's not my fault. It was all Lucifer's, okay? I didn't ask to be locked up here and isolated."

"I know, Belphie."

"And Lucifer was in the wrong for even thinking that Diavolo was more precious to him than... than his brother."

"I know, Belphie."

"..." The demon clenched his jaw and turned to the side along with the rest of his body. "Then why do you say it like it's my fault?"

"Of course I didn't." You began running your hands through his head. His posture slumped, relaxing. "Issues arise from people, whether or not it's their fault."

"..."

"And I suppose for you, you were quite unfortunate enough."

"...What do you know?"

"Who knows?" You dismissively replied. "Maybe this wouldn't take as long as you'd think."

"..."

.

Seconds passed by as you continued to run your hands through Belphegor's hair. He took great pleasure in the feeling of your touch on his head. The sheer amount of comfort derived from such a simple thing was quite a mystery, especially since you weren't exactly someone he'd known for long.