CHAPTER 10 - The Mergers & Aquisitions Contract

Meet Fifty Shades Continued

Chapter 10

"Christian, you've finally got a girlfriend!" Mia shrieks down the phone. "How come I get to hear about this from Mom - well Elliot actually, but of course I didn't believe him. I just thought it was one of his stupid jokes, so I called Mom and she said it was true, so then I believed it."

Fucking interfering Elliot again. He just can't help himself can he?

"Hi Mia, how's Paris?" I sigh, but can't help smiling at my little sister's exuberance. I know I don't stand a chance in hell of deflecting her inquisition.

"Oh no, don't try and change the subject. Come on, I want to hear all about her. Mom says her name's Anastasia? That's a pretty cool name. So how did you meet? Was it love at first sight? Did your eyes meet across a crowded room and wham that was it?"

"Don't be so melodramatic Mia. Life isn't like that stupid Chick Lit crap you insist on reading."

"Christian, humor me here. No one has ever seen you with a girl, so she must be pretty special if Elliot and Mom have already met her. I'm just totally bummed this happens while I'm out of the country. You could have waited you know, then I could have checked her out for you. Apparently, Elliot said Dad didn't believe Mom at first when she told him you had a girlfriend. He said she was more likely just a new member of your staff, but Mom insisted and whispered something to him about you being in bed with her when she got to your place. So, are you like totally into each other?"

"Mia, we've only just met. It's early days." I cringe at the thought of my family discussing my sex life. Elliot must be feeling so fucking pleased with himself.

"I mean, we're all used to Elliot and his constant stream of girlfriends, but this is the first time any of us have seen you with a girl, so she must be special."

"Anastasia is pretty special I guess. Now can we change the subject please, Mia," I snap. She's not making all this indecision about Ana any easier for me to handle.

Truth is after the last few days I don't really know how things stand between us. One minute I think I've just about got her within the grasp of my fingertips, the next I think she's slipping right through my fingers.

"Oh don't go all moody on me Christian. You can't blame me for being curious. Mom says she's very pretty, and shy and sweet. She really likes her anyway, so that's good." Mia always ignores and cuts through my moods like no one else. She gets away with murder. But she is my baby sister.

"Yes, I think Mom liked her," I agree.

"And Elliot says she's a totally gorgeous babe, but of course I know she must be, to have caught the eye of my very handsome and charming big brother," Mia teases.

"Looks aren't everything, Mia. True beauty is more than skin deep. You can be so shallow sometimes."

"But I bet she is, isn't she? Beautiful I mean?"

"Yes, she is. Very beautiful. A beautiful person inside too," I confirm quietly. So what is she doing with me? I'm rotten to the core underneath this pretty face.

"So when do I get to meet her?"

"I don't know. Let's just wait and see how things go, hmm?" Ana may well have already run before you even touch down, Mia.

"You are picking me up from Sea-Tac on Saturday aren't you?"

"Yes, I'll be there. So have you enjoyed your time in France? Paris is great, isn't it?"

"I suppose, but France in general would be okay if it wasn't so full of arrogant French bastards. They always think they know better than anyone else."