All of it is special for me and I can't forget it no matter what. For Neil, our marriage or first meeting in his office might be a special day but for me that day, Christmas Day is special.

As I stand in front of the mirror and get ready along with Navya sitting on the chair beside me I realize we have come a long way and our relationship has grown sweet and stronger.

I pin my saree carefully as I try not to ruin it. I am absolutely in love with this red net saree Neil brought for me earlier today. I wear my earrings and nuptial chain before I wear my ring.

"Give a kiss to yourself." Navya looks at me as I finish applying lipstick. I laugh as I pout and give a kiss to myself, haha.

"Wait." She stands upon the chair to meet my height. I bent my knee a little to match her level and kiss her on her cheek.

"Who's looking prettier?" She asks as we stare at ourselves in the mirror.

"Of course, it's you." I look at my girl who has turned 8 now but she still looks small to me.

"No, it's both of us." She kisses my cheek. She looks beautiful in her red frock which has a bow on her waist. I grab the red headband and put it on her head.

It is the first time we both are getting dressed together for a celebration, it is also the first time we are giving a party for everyone as a family so this is special and we want to look beautiful for it.

Come on, it's the first celebration we are celebrating as a family and also it's our kid's birthday.

Well according to Neil I cannot say mine to things which belong to us.

"It's my birthday." Navya squeals and I laugh at her, she has been saying it from the morning.

"Yeah, Happy Birthday, Baby." I pick her up and make her stand on the floor.

Neil and Niam are attending the guests down. It's just the friends and family and with that, I and Neil decided to invite our neighbors.

We want our kids to feel comfortable so we didn't invite a lot of people. It's good because you tend to enjoy yourself a lot with people who are familiar with.

"Come on, come on, get down fast." Niam barges inside. I look at him and I can't ignore the fact he looks so much like Neil. He fixes his tie as he walks in keeping his hands in his pocket. He is clearly duplicating Neil right now.

"You are supposed to knock on the door before you enter a room when girls are getting ready." Navya crosses her arms on her chest as she glares at him.

"And why?" He frowns.

"Because we are getting ready." She shrugs.

"Whatever." Niam rolls his eyes. "But I'll knock next time." He nods.

"Good, birthday boy." She laughs. "Who looks prettier?"

Niam looks between us as he pinches his eyebrows together. He scratches his forehead as he looks confused.

"I think, it's me." He says slowly.

"Aren't boys supposed to look handsome?" Navya raises her eyebrows.

"Oh, forget it." Niam shrugs. "I had something important to say, Mumma, Papa called you down."

"Everything alright?" I ask as I help Navya with her shoes.

"Yeah, just Aunt Sara and Zar getting into an argument." He shrugs. I shake my head as I walk over to put my heels on.

"Take me down like a princess," Navya says to Niam as I wear my heels.