Chapter 5

Chapter 5

The realm of dreams, a realm full of infinite capabilities, but a realm we cannot control. Sometimes warm and inviting but other times dark and horrid. In this realm I reside, I move through the shadows, my chest aching, my lungs gasping for breath. My body gives away, but something, a voice from within the shadows hurries me forth. It felt like an eternity, the shadows grew and became thicker, from nothing, now it felt like an ocean. After two eternities something broke that ocean, a light…a light which I hurried to. Just below the warm, inviting light the outline of a girl, a beautiful girl. My eyes glued to this girl, something about her called me, something about her called for help, I reached for her, but then pain struck, like a stab to the heart, an excruciating pain. I looked down to see my poor broken heart stabbed by the unknown. Blood trickled away like memories and cold replaced the warmth.

I woke up, sweaty, without breath, as if I had just ran a marathon. My pulse slowly came back, after I felt relaxed enough I stood. Opening my windows left in the sun, warming my very soul. I walked sluggishly, still tired to the bathroom, there I did the usual, took a shower, pee, brush my teeth, etc. Even from the bathroom, I could still hear the activity on the floor below, and knowing the size of the house those were not friendly comments. I got dressed in comfortable clothes, yet sporty enough and walked down into the kitchen. To my surprise nobody was at the kitchen at the moment, so I took the chance and made myself some eggs and toast, while the eggs fried the maid suddenly appeared.

“Master”

“Paula! Damnit you scared me!”

“Sorry master, I did not meant to”

“Good Morning! And it’s ok, sorry for the whole cooking myself thing, just think of it as a break”

“Master” repeated Paula

“Yeah, I felt like eating eggs so, it’s ok”

“Master” for the third time repeated Paula

“so don’t worry…”

“MASTER!” her yell was like nothing I’ve ever heard before, it seemed alien and untrue. Usually maids and butlers don’t scream at their master, so either she’s quitting or she wants me to fire her.

“Yes?” I slowly turned to look at her.

“There has been some Ruckus since early in the morning and well…Me and the rest of the staff are worried” her concern was real and sowed all over her face. I guess the scream is justified.

What do you mean?” she came on next to me and turned the stove off, the egg now looked black and unappetizing.

“The young lady”

“Crap” so they found out! Last time they caught my sister doing something like that my step father had almost broken her face and I had almost stabbed him. As we walked to my father’s study/office, now habited by the monster. I could hear all the commotion and just as I opened the door, my step-father had slapped Alex, sending her at least 3 feet away from him.

“You Bitch!” the rest of what he said I did not listen. I hurried to where my sister laid, she cried and the mark on her face radiated red. He stepped forward, with murderous eyes. My eye twitched again and rage swelled through me.

“Miguel stepped aside!”

“You come any closer and you’ll need titanium balls!” I looked up at him and in the background my mother observed. The fact that she stood and watched as he slapped her made me furious.

“Seriously! You stood there as he slapped her, is that the type of mother you are?”

“She deserved it Miguel, your father is just teaching discipline”

“Discipline my ass!”

“Miguel, respect your mother! And I said step aside!”

“Screw you!” screamed Alex. Her dad suddenly jumped and ran towards us.

“You little whore!”

Somehow he was able to push me aside. My sister instead of fighting back only covered her face, bracing herself. Her father the all educated, civilized, caring father, grabbed a chunk of her hair and pulled on it with great force, literally pieces of hair ripped from her skull, as he cried with both terror and pain.

I took a step forward and my knuckles impacted the flesh on the man’s face. Blood gushed out, and the image of the boy came in mind again. Alex’s father landed some distance away, blood flowing out his nose.

“Miguel! How dare you!”

“Shut up mother! You shouldn’t even talk. What kind of mother stands by and watches her daughter get beaten like this?”

The harshness of my words must have hit a nerve, because she did not talk back.

“How dare you! After all I’ve done for you!” My step father yelled, standing from the hardwood floor.

“What have you done for me? Steal my father’s money and glory. Yeah thanks!” Alex stood behind me, like a frightened child, and held onto my hand.

“Ahh” Alex’s father yelled, while he ran towards me. I pushed Alex aside right before he pushed and pinned me against the book case.

“Listen boy, this is my house, all that you can see is MINE! Your father is dead and all that was his is now MINE! You should be grateful I keep you around, along with your insolence”

“Get off me” I said quietly, holding inside all emotions.

“And another thing! Everything I do to your sister is none of your concern!”

My eyes yet again twitched, and I couldn’t hold myself any longer. My knee moments later impacted the old mans gut, rending him without breath. He in response doubled over, fury was such that no other taught came from my actions, I quickly walked towards the man; his face still looked at the floor. I using all the raw emotions still trapped within me, kneed him again square in the face, this time he fell unconscious, his nose clearly broken.

“Honey” My mother screamed, rushing to his aid. Sort of how a mother acts with a child.

I wasted no time. I walked towards Alex, still laying on the floor.

“Am leaving! Not coming back!” Her eyes wide open looked out at me with a new sense of terror.

“Are you coming with me?” she shook, and I pitied myself for being such a brute, but what had been done was done.

“I…I…” left her mouth I extended my hands to grab her, but she only covered away.

“I see!” I told her.

“If you prefer staying here than to coming with me, so be it! But don’t expect me to come back”

I walked out the door, Paula stood there listening. But I paid no mind to her, all my attention laid on me wanting Alex to come. But I guess that’s not happening.

“Paula!”

“Yes?”

“Bring me my suit cases, as soon as possible”

“Yes sir”

I walked up to my room, with a feeling of defeat, but liberty and freedom as well. I dialed the phone number on the card given to me by the general and he quickly picked up.

“Miguel! I was expecting your call!”

COMENT PLIZZZZZZ! GIVE ME FEEDBACK! LOL XDD