--

She never went back to school after that. She never found the reason to. Maybe it was her fault, for expecting too much. It wasn't like he said he loved her or anything. So, why hope? Every night, she cried herself to sleep. The sounds of her sobs made her family's heart break, though she never really told them the reason why. She locked herself in her room and not even her mother could convince her to eat or even bathe. She felt numb all over her body. She was like a living zombie. She felt dead and numb and she hated the feeling. She was getting sick of it. She didn't want it anymore.

Everything stayed the same until one day, she got a phone call. She didn't answer it. She never answered any of her phone calls anymore. And then it was a text message. She didn't look at it. She never reads any of her text messages anymore. She sighed and stared up at the ceiling. She didn't know what to do with her life anymore. She only felt lonely and pathetic and all of this caused by a boy who never really loved her. She turned her body to face the other side of her bed and was met by the calendar given by her aunt last Christmas. May 23, Friday. 

Her eyes windened and curiousity filled her mind. Could it be...

She instantly sat up and snatched the phone from her bedside table.

She was right.

Today's the day, just in case you forgot. 

There was another message.

I know you'll never show up but...I really miss you.

And it was those three simple words that changed her mind for the better...or for worse.