chapter 2: power of the mind

it has been six months since you and Denki got into a relationship, you are still adjusting to the new relationship despite your partner being your childhood best friend, fortunately he has been nothing but patient with you and always asks your permission before showing you any type of new affection, you also go on weekly dates on a Friday night, each date being different each time.

you have also been helping Denki develop his flying skills and you have finally given him permission to ride without having to keep his hands on the saddle, after discovering your new elemental abilities, you are now focusing on gaining control over them during training, you have also eased out of being in a separate room for lunch and started eating with your partner and new found friends, Mina, Sero, Kirishima and Bakugou.

Friday evening

you are getting ready to go on your date with Denki, you have no idea where you are going and so you are packing many different outfits incase you need to change out of what you already have on, you are currently wearing some leggings and a baggy dress-like hoodie with some flats on, for your hair you decide to keep it down.

you hear a knock on your door which made you jump a little, "sparks? can I come in?" asked Denki on the other side of the door, you smile and open the door with your mind, "hey baby, you nearly ready?" he asked, "nearly" you said straining to close the clothes packed bag, "can you give me a hand?" you ask him, "yeah sure, what do you need me to do?" he asked, you then sat on the bag holding it closed.

"can you zip it up for me?" you asked, he laughed and nodded his head, we walked over and kneeled down to close the bag, he strained a little but he managed to do it, "yay, look at my big strong Hercules" you said making him laugh.

"haha, why do you need all of this for our date?" he asked confused.

"well you never told me what we are doing, I packed all of this incase I needed to change out of what I was already in" you explained.

"ok that makes sense, if you want I can tell you from now on?" he asked, you smiled and nodded your head, "ok babe, you ready to go now?" he asked, you nodded your head and got up from the bag and struggled to pick it up, "here I got I sparks" he said picking it up for you, you smiled and hugged him, "thanks bub" you said, Denki smiled since he knew you struggled with calling him those type of nicknames.

"good job babe, you're getting good at that" he said hugging you back, "now come on, let's get the dragons" he said making you get excited, you both headed to the stables you had your dragons stabled and you got out the dragons, "hey Luna, ready to go?" you asked her, she licked your face and you laughed, "I'll take that as a yes" you said mounting her.

once you were both up in the air you followed Denki, you noticed that he was flying to close to both you and Luna as he was slightly easing closer, "hey babe, your getting a little close there, if you lean a little to the left you should straighten up a little" you advised him, he noticed and smiled and leaned a little left , "thanks bub, you getting the hang of calling me nicknames" he said with a smile.

"the shorter ones are easier and don't sound as awkward as the long ones" you said to him, he looked at you intrigued, "how do you know if they are short or long, most of them are three or four letters long?" he asked curiously.

you smiled and replied with, "I determine the length by saying them, babe and bub are shorter than baby and sweety" you said to him.

"huh, that's cool" he said making you smile.

"are we nearly there yet?" you asked him, he laughed and nodded.

"yup, we are here now" he said, you looked ahead and you noticed a cave, you looked towards him confused, "we are going to a cave?" you asked confused, he smiled and nodded and you just waited to see where he was going with this, you both landed and headed towards the cave, "can you give us some light babe?" he asked you, you nodded your head and conjured some fire at your finger tips.