chapter eighteen

oh baby!

oh baby!

Sasha was nesting upon the arrival of the little bean with the due date nearing. A baby pool was organized where everyone placed bets when she would go into labor. Hearing about this was far from offensive to the pregnant woman who even betted herself. It was the most entertainment she received other than lounging on the couch and surfing through channels. Especially with Buck eager to report back on the job and have his girlfriend to lean on by the time the baby comes, he's been going to rehab and on walks with Bobby, Maddie, Eddie, or Chimney. Sometimes Sasha would go, though the weight of the baby and swollen feet took a toll on her body to prevent from tagging along.

Their family and friends have been great support ever since Buck went in for his second surgery. Knowing how tiresome Sasha would be due to closing in the third trimester, working at the dispatch call center, and caring for her boyfriend in recovery would be hard to juggle. Athena and Bobby came over on a weekly basis to make dinner for the young couple or assist the pregnant woman on her errands. Yasmin would pop in almost every night to check in on her best friend considering she's two floors below.

"Evan!"

The sound of slow pattering footsteps and a cane was heard down the hallway. "W-What? Is the baby coming?" His voice echoed in a slight panic. When he breached the doorway of the bedroom, he spotted his girlfriend sprawled on the bed and eyes intact to the ceiling with a sock in her hand.

She dramatically turned her head to him. "Why do I even bother putting on socks at this point when I have my fuzzy slippers?" Buck stifled a chuckle, moving further into the room to place the pair of black fuzzy slippers on his girlfriend's feet.

"Want me to help you up?"

"Do you even have to ask?" She deadpanned before reaching for his hand to grip on. Rising on her feet, a huff escaped from her lips. "Thank you."

In response, Buck wrapped his arm around her and pressed a small kiss on her forehead. He guided themselves out of the bedroom and into the living room. Sasha couldn't help but laugh since he's been given the cane after relieved from his crutches. Between her waddling and his cane merely a hilarious sight to see.

"Is there anything you need?" He asked once Sasha shifted comfortably on the couch with blankets and pillows remain intact of her "nesting area."

"Some tea and a foot massage, please?"

The show How to Get Away with Murder played on the television screen while Buck massaged his girlfriend's foot set on his lap. It's been her new obsession to binge watch now that the series came to an end with six seasons. As the series is known to be suspenseful and jaw dropping, the blond was kind of captivated by his girlfriend fully immersed into the show. He would suppress a chuckle whenever she squealed and hear the constant rambling from the plot twists or theories. Although, he wouldn't mind it since he considered it as his favorite part of the day after a session with his sessions in physical therapy or one of his walks.