Untitled Part Sixteen

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yeah we thought so. Everything we got is cute so let's get to packing!" Kim said. "Do you have something to drink?"

I nodded heading to the kitchen. "Yes I didn't cook but I have some lemonade and iced tea. I also have some fruit and cheese. I can make a charcuterie." I offered and they nodded.

I went toward the kitchen grabbing grapes, strawberries, and blueberries rinsing them off once more and grabbing wheat thins and ritz. I then placed some olives in a bowl separating black and green olives and then added meat and cheese. I sat it down on the table along with napkins and small plates for the ladies.

"Such a hostess!" Kim said happily digging in. "You know this is my first time here since Karen moved out and I must say it's out of a dang Pinterest board!" She said popping an olive in her mouth.

I laughed heading back to grab glasses and the iced tea pitcher. "Thank you, it's easy when you aren't home much." I said sliding onto my knees. We'd all migrated to the floor to pack my new funds up.

"So what are you planning on doing since the lease is almost up?" Karen asked.

"I kinda want to down size but I've been using your old room as a place to sew and I've gotten acclimated to the extra space so." I shrugged.

"How come you and Reggie don't just..." Kim started.

I shrugged "I feel like we may need the space." I confessed. "Not in the I don't wanna be around him way but the Lord don't let my flesh get to me way." I clarified.

Karen laughed. "No I get it!"

"I used to genuinely think that you can't miss what you never had but that's not true." I confessed. "It's not to fulfill a sexual urge no but I want to be closer to him and, well what better way to be closer than to be..." I trailed off blushing about my thoughts.

"Attached?" LaKim said making me laugh a bit.

"Is that silly?" I asked needing clarification.

"Girl no. It's normal- Reginald isn't gonna force anything on you. He respects you and I'm sure is feeling the same way. Don't be ashamed or anything. Just keep in mind what you want in your heart of hearts." LaKim said and I nodded sitting in the silence.

"Baby." I heard a groggy Reginald say and I shouted back to him to come into the living room. "Oh hey y'all." He said stretching his arms behind his head and bending.

I stood up coming into his arms he held onto my lower waist rubbing the small of my back and planting kisses on my forehead.

"Hey brother." The two said in sync.

"How long was I asleep? Y'all went shopping?" He asked looking at me.

I shook my head. "Maybe two hours but they did all of this."  I explained turning around in his arms to look at the stuff  we had on the floor.

"I wanted to surprise you with shopping babe." He said kissing my temple."but since y'all did what about your nails?" He asked me and I nodded.

"I'll be ready tomorrow babes.  Early."

He nodded kissing the side of my face again. "Thank y'all for making sure my baby fly." He said running his hand up my side. "Ima go get y'all some food. You still breast feeding Kim I know my nephew gonna want more than just some pickled cheese or whatever." I laughed.

"You always hating on my boards babe!" I told him and he chuckled.

"I'm joking but for real," he said taking his arms off of me and grabbing his car keys from the counter. "I'll be back with y'all food. Do what y'all do." He said and they each gave him specifics to come back with.

Once he'd left we went onto folding. I grabbed pieces from my room where I saw fit for outfits.

"Okay, so this is for if y'all decide to you know." LaKim shrugged pulling out a small bag. "No pressure, we just rather you be prepared."

I grabbed it, and nodded. "I know." I said adding the three piece lingerie set to my luggage continuing to piece together the wardrobe for my weekend.

It didn't hurt to just take it. I told myself and we continued.

"Well, I think that's all your clothes. You have outfits on outfits." Karen said and I nodded. We'd taken stuff from my wardrobe and pieced it with pieces that made sense from what they brought. They genuinely made sure I was covered.

I looked down at my phone, seeing a text notification and got up to open the door for Reginald.

"Hi!" I said excited seeing RJ in Rich's arms.

"Wow, I don't think she's ever been this excited to see me Rj. She must be saying that because of you." He said giving me his diaper bag.

"You know I love my brother in law. You're my favorite!" I added seeing Rishawn come in and Reginald behind him. Both of them carrying our dinner.

I scooped Rj out of Rich's arms and he looked up to me smiling a bit. "Hi auntie's baby." I said sniffing him to get my dose of baby smell only to be met with a foul one. I groaned.

"That's why you gave me the diaper bag?" I asked Richard. He shook his head and laughed

"No, that boy been passing gas every since I got em' I don't know what Kim and Shawn been feeding him but I thought he blew it up like three or four times and it wasn't false like once." Rich said as I sat down putting him on my lap to check.

"Oh no it's real" I said seeing the mess in his diaper.

"Let me do it!" Karen said offering. "Gotta get used to this." She said standing up. I nodded hanging him over.

"I'll assist." Richard said following her into what used to be her bedroom. The bed still was in there only now there room was occupied by rolls of fabric, sketches adorn the wall, and dress forms.

I turned directing my attention to the kitchen where Reginald, Rishawn, and LaKim were at. They stood making their plates in laughing.

"You see my baby? I'm knocking her up as soon as I get a chance. She scooped Rj up and it did something to me." He said causing RiShawn to laugh

"We been telling you that's your wife!" LaKim said. "She loves you boy." She reminded.

"And I love her. Seeing her with the baby stirred something up in me." He said and I laughed overhearing them deciding not to intrude, I went to my room grabbing a pair of sunglasses I put them in the dust bag and then in their case.

"Baby." Reginald said coming into the room.

"Yes." I said turning away from my jewelry table.

"Hi." He said simply as he moved closer to me, his cologne intoxicating. The full beard on his face prominent. I sighed still feeling a sense of warmth over me- the warmth and security he so easily brought to me. Clad in a all black Nike sweatsuit he stood in front of me. "What?" He asked stopping.

I shook my head. "Nothing." I breathed out. "Hey." I said.

He kissed my head and then hugged me close. Nothing was said in that moment. I sighed into him and him into I.

Reginald for a long time to was so very much beginning to feel like home. Now I'm certain that in him I don't need a door for protection for his heart is just that.

_______

Hey! Happy 📖