Lunch

Don't mind me adding in random blurbs to the beginning of each chapter-I get bored okay. Anyways, question of the day, what do you guys want me to write next? I'm 100% open to suggestions as I have no idea what I'll be doing next :)-Enjoy

I woke up the next morning to the smell of eggs and banging on the door. 

"Katherine," I groaned, practically falling out of bed. I walked over to my already open door, stumbling into the kitchen. "Why are you making eggs again, I thought you stopped that- what's the word, disruptiveness? Hooliganism?" I rubbed my eyes, looking at her. She just stared back at me, looking like she was about to burst out laughing.

"Big words for just waking up, eh (Y/N)?" I snap around, raising my fists and going to swing but behind knocked to the ground by one swift kick.

I opened my eyes a few seconds after my head hit the ground, seeing a blonde figure standing above me. 

"Sorry (Y/N), reflexes," the figure shrugged and reached down to help me up. I stared back silently. I didn't bother waiting for my vision to unblur, I sat up swaying slightly.

"Easy there cowboy," I heard the same raspy voice behind me. I looked over to see a gloved-hand rest on my shoulder. 

I heard someone start laughing uncontrollably behind me. Kate, I assumed. I squinted as my sight unblurred, realizing the blonde was Yelena and the gloved hand belonged to Nat. 

"You guys said you were coming at 12," I rubbed my head, taking Lena's hand and getting off the floor.

"It's 12:30," Nat chimed in.

"No-my alarm hasn't even gone-oh fuck. My alarm," I look over at Kate, who somehow reads my mind in a second and stops laughing.

"You're dead," I couldn't tell if she wanted to laugh at me again or if she wanted to hide me so he couldn't get to me.

"Blah blah blah alarm clock this alarm clock that, what about glasses?" Lena interrupted, taking a case out of the bag strapped diagonally across her back. 

"The glasses! You brought them!" I ran back over to Lena, waiting for her to take them out.

She took the black-framed tinted lens glasses from the case, flipping the temples out and putting them on me, clicking a small button on the side of the right frame.

"Is was part of deal, wasn't it?" she smiled, stepping back as the glasses framed her face, giving me information on who she was, and what she's done.

"Holy shit, Lena. How'd you-"

"What deal?" Kate interrupts, turning off the stove and walking around the kitchen island toward us.

"You know, I give them these, they let us kill Barton," she smiled innocently at Kate, like she had just said I was getting her a pony. I looked at Kate, who stood there, not saying anything yet somehow saying everything. 

"I think you guys should go," she finally spits out, walking to the door and opening it, stepping to the side to let them out.

"Kate-" 

"Natalia, it was nice re-meeting you. But from what I see, you and your sister are exactly what I thought you were," she had barely finished her sentence when a zap followed by a blue stretch of what looked like lightning stretched across her torso, fighting her to the ground and knocking her unconscious. 

I stood with my mouth gaping, looking to Yelena who was now slowly lowering her arm. 

"Is she dead? Did you kill her? I told you not to touch h-" I run over to Kate, pulling the blue light off her jerking unconscious body. "Kate? Katie?" 

"She's just stunned, (Y/N)," Nat knelt next to me now, rubbing my back and trying to comfort me. 

"You want Barton dead, don't you?" Lena interjects, trying to defend her actions.

"Yes, but I told you not to-" 

"She was interfering with plan, now come on," Lena nudges her head toward the door, indicating  we should leave. 

"Come on, (Y/N), let's go get lunch or something and we can talk it over," Nat still rubbed circles in my back, trying to keep me calm.

Somehow, we got Kate into her room, and I was able to tuck her into her bed. 

"I'm sorry, Katie," I whispered, getting up and leaving her alone in her room.

TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY THANOS 💪

Even halfway into eating our food, I still felt dizzy.

"So, how are glasses? You aren't actually blind, are you? 'Cause I can add in prescription-"

"No, Lena, they're great, thank you," I keep my head down, moving my food around with my fork to make it look like I was eating. 

"Good, glad you like your gift. Now, when does mine get-"

"Yelena, not the time," Nat says through her teeth, stirring her drink.

"But I give them theirs, now I want mine. Do you not still want to kill Barton?" Lena turned towards me, raising her eyebrows. "You going soft and aborting the plan?" she snapped, getting my attention and making me look up from my plate.

"It's not that I don't want him dead, I just don't want Kate 1. upset with me, and 2. grieving the death of her partner," I snap back, watching the look on Yelena's face slowly turn to a frown. 

"What's the deal with you and this Kate girl, anyway?" Nat interjected, keeping her eyes on me.

"I," I stopped myself from saying what I knew was true, "I don't know," I spit out, looking at her and then quickly looking back to Yelena. I knew I was a terrible liar, and I knew she didn't believe me, but I also knew her and her fellow assassin sister were sitting in front of me, armed with some weird blue lightning shooting bracelets.

Looking back at Yelena didn't seem to help my lie, because now I had her staring at me, head tilted, eyes squinted. 

"You love Bishop," she took a sip of her drink, not taking her eyes off me.

"I-"

"No, I don't need a response, that wasn't a question," she put her hand up, interrupting me. I glanced over to Natasha, whose eyes were still on mine. 

"She's right, (Y/N)," I couldn't tell if she was hurt, she was too good at hiding to let that type of thing out.

"Maybe I am, what's your point?" I finally shoot back.

"My point is if you like her you don't want to upset her by killing someone she loves, dipshit." Yelena's accent is thicker than usual with that last insult, which hurt a bit, but doesn't stop me from shooting back.

"Or I just don't want to kill someone, you think about that, hm?"

"Oh please, you know it'd be us doing the killing, and you could give two shits about what happens to Clint, we know this is about Kate" Nat's raspy voice caught me off guard, making me flinch slightly.

"I don't understand how you people are attracted to anyone in this stupid universe, they're all ugly like sewer rats," Yelena chimes in, not helping. Next thing I knew, I was slamming my hands down onto the table, 

"Fine! Yes! I love her! Is that what you wanted to fucking hear?!"