Chapter 23

"James dear? What's wrong?" Pomfrey looked at him concerned. "Why are you crying?"

"Poppy, it hurts. Please call Severus. Please." James begged her. He can't take it. Why is the pain increasing as time passed? Why can't he bear it? 

"What? What hurts?" Pomfrey looked alarmed. 

"Severus. I want Severus." James rasped out. Pomfrey didn't know what to do and just sent a patronus to call Severus immediately to the hospital wing. She checked James and didn't find anything wrong. May be, it's young love? She thought and nodded to herself. She saw how close James and Severus were with each other and wondered if there is something going on between them. Ah, probably she should leave them alone and let them sort their problems. She smiled to herself and left to her room locking it. 

"What's wrong?" Severus was the first one to burst in followed by an equally panicked Sirius. 

"It hurts. It hurts so much. Please, do something." James holding his chest and looked into his eyes. His eyes held so much pain that even Severus felt it. 

"We found out what is given and we are already working on the antidote. Don't worry. It is just going to be a couple of days for it to be ready." Severus said hugging James lightly. 

"I can't bear this any more. Please, do something Severus. Please, I beg you. It hurts so much. I can't take the pain at all." James sobbed onto his shoulder. "Please, Severus."

"Ok. Okay." Sirius tried to think about how to solve this problem. He can't think of anyway to do something about it. 

"Why don't we give him another pain reliever now? Then, we will tell Pomfrey that James is fine and he can be discharged. We can put into a magical coma for the next two days so that he won't feel any pain till the antidote is made. It's weekend anyways." Sirius said and Severus looked at him as if he is God. 

"You are a genius." Severus said before giving the potion to James and even using some pain numbing spells for the time being. 

"Uh- Thanks, I guess." Sirius said awkwardly before going to talk to Pomfrey who looked at James almost cuddling into Severus' chest in pain, but she thought they were cuddling post-fight. She thought they were so cute and said it was fine for James to go as long as he is not in pain. 

"I'm not." James said burying his face in Severus' chest and Pomfrey chuckled thinking he is shy and was embarrassed. 

"Fine, then. Take good care of yourself. Don't slip down again like that. You should be careful while walking on the stairs." Pomfrey said and James nodded his head. "You can leave." 

Severus lifted James in his arms and Pomfrey almost cooed at the sight of them. Sirius looked at her weirdly. She is looking at James and Severus so weird. What is she thinking about them? Sirius shook his head and followed Severus out as he didn't have time to think about such foolish matters. James is more important. 

"What are you going to tell Lupin and others?" Severus asked Sirius when he entered. "He won't want them to know about it. Also, if they should know anything about it, James should be the one telling them."

"I'll think of some excuse, but what about L and R?" Sirius asked and James moaned in pain looking at Sirius.

"What about them?" James asked suspiciously. "You talked to them? What are you saying? What's going on?"

"Jamie, calm down. It's a bit lengthy story, ok?" Sirius sighed. "I met them long ago on the first Hogsmeade weekend and even warned them not to hurt my brother. They promised to treat you well and said how much they love you. I went with Severus to talk to the man who agreed to help in brewing the antidote and met them. They know that something is wrong with you and wants to meet you now. to you about what's going on.