Being A Squib (Harry Potter Fan Fiction)

I was wondering.. And there isn't a lot of stories about Squibs that I've seen, and I think it would be interesting.. I mean.. What was Mrs Figgs life like? What about Filch? In this story, I plan to write about that. :-)

---

PROLOGUE.

Yet another year of Fleur and Gabrielle coming home from Beauxbatons, practically glowing, and boasting about their 'fantastic year' and how 'simply wonderful' the new charms they have learned are, is not something I could take. During the year, whilst they were off practising their lame magic tricks, I was the darling of the family, simply brushed aside when my sisters came home. Stupid magic.

What did I ever do to offend anyone? Why did I have to be like I am? A disgrace? An abnormality in an already abnormal family?

A squib. I was a squib.

It was even worse this year; both Fleur and Gabrielle almost died, because of that stupid Twi-Wizard Tournament. It was even worse because Fleur came last. It was even worse because Gabrielle almost drowned. It was even worse because Fleur got crowded by boys.

So, that very day, I got my notebook and biro - yes, muggle things - and wrote a small letter to Professor Dumbledore.

'Dear Professor Dumbledore,

My name is Valentine. Valentine Delacour to be precise. I am a squib. My sisters recently joined your school with Beauxbatons, and I have already heard glowing reports.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but I have heard of your gamekeeper, and your squib caretaker, and I would like to ask if you have a position at Hogwarts I could take.

I am fifteen, and quite skilled in cooking, cleaning, and looking after animals, particularly unicorns. I also dabble in gardening rare, exotic herbs and flowers. I went to a muggle school in France until I was eleven, as I already knew I was a squib. I continued my muggle school studies at home.

I hope you consider it, as I would be delighted to join your staff.

Thank you so much,

Valentine Delacour.'

Not even being noticed by my mother or father, still fawning over my Veela sisters, I took the letter to the attic, where we kept a number of owls. I sent it off with a snowy, named Apollo, and sat down by the open window.

Swinging my legs out the window and over the edge, I stared out at the sunset and lowering sun in the horizon. The sky was a beautiful red, like poppies mixing with orange roses and indigo bluebells. I could see for miles over the snowy tips of the French Alps. I made myself a promise.

I would not be overlooked.

---

AN- I would really like to start something like this. I originally thought Lily Potter could be my protagonist, but I can't really imagine her being a squib, although I think Valentine could be made into a really interesting character (fingers crossed). So, please let me know what you think, by answering these questions;

1) do you like Valentine?

2) would you read this if I continued it?

3) what do you think is going to happen? (Remember, there's no right or wrong answer at this stage;D )

Thanks:)

Rhi<3