7: Catalyzed

So, turns out vigilante work is a lot harder than expected. Now that people know I exist, not only are heroines, villainesses, and just about everyone in between, including just regular people, both genders, are just wandering about, seeing if they could see, "The astronaut, floating through the sky like there is no gravity." I'm not joking. I just heard someone describe that.

Either way, it is definitely fun, cause, thankfully, it seems most heroines are pretty dang chill with me out here, either with them thinking in the same way as hawks, or just seeing hawks not care much. Thank you hawks. I owe her one.

Either way though, Vigilantes aren't great in the public eye, especially for heroes. So, that means that the dark streets that are usually only 6% bad, are now 17%, and 87% bad for me.

"Great. Another battle," I said, seeing the fireworks across the town. I had no idea what it had over there, but I knew I had some kind of job to do once I go over there. Once I got closer, I had to get a good look at the scene.

"Get away creeps!" I heard, looking down at the scene, and saw an ~12 year old kid, and looking around, I saw a 15 year old girl that seemed to be at the defense for the guy, and about 3 other girls that seemed to be the aggressors. Estimating, they were ages from 16 - 19.

"Ugh. Why is this so common," I said to myself, making sure that I was muted. While I had nothing off the top of my head for evidence, from what I remember, ever since quirks came into being, obviously the gender imbalance was switched, but that also went for crimes. Women were now the main people being heists, coordinated murders, and sexual harassment. Guys also do it, but I think it's at a 23 - 67 Male to Female ratio.

"I guess I could provide some support," I say to myself, launching myself from the roof of the building to a balcony, quickly tossing some scrap down to disguise my fall sound.

"Back off freaks. I'm not afraid to shank you with these," The defender stated, as I realized who it actually was.

'Jiro? What's she doing here? Is that her brother or something?' I thought. The quirk is definitely the same as jiro's, so unless that's some doppelganger with the same fashion sense, that had to be her. The kid next to her wasn't very similar looking. In fact, he looked more like if Mina had a kid...did she have a kid? No, it's definitely just some coincidence.

"Oh, and what. It's the same as a pin-prick," One of the girls bit back, as Jiro became pretty agitated. The kid found the scrap I dropped, and picked it up.

"Maybe, but this could cut ya pretty good!" The kid yelled back, as the girls started to chuckle. The kid immediately dropped the sheet and started to cower, as jiro used one of her ear-jacks to wrap around the sheet. It was almost like she made a shield. Kind of impressive.

'She's crafty, I'll give her that. I really got to get on better terms with her. She seems like she's actually really good. Maybe I could get her some stuff,' I thought, before loading a rubber bullet into the pistol. Turns out there is a normal bullet chamber in this. Wonder why Dio never mentioned that.

"Please girl, do you really think that-" One of the women started before I shot them, directly in the elbow, with a rubber bullet. That put them down on the ground quickly, as she started howling.

"What the HELL!" One of the other girls shouted, as I dropped down and shot 2 lasers to the sky. Pretty sure I just took down a bird, but that's not important right now.

"No, hell is down. I'm just dropped down into it," I stated. I'm not sure what it is, but coming up with quips are really easy in the heat of the moment. Now I get how Ms. Joke made her career!

"OH SHIT! THE ASTRONAUT!" A girl shouted, before the two that were still standing ran off. I quickly shot them in the shoulders with rubber bullets too, and they went down as well.